Videos on APS Website

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Videos on APS Website

Post by phonogfp »

I'm happy to announce a new feature on the Antique Phonograph Society website. :)

Along with the growing number of articles, a downloadable free issue of The Antique Phonograph, the always up-to-date Subject Index to The Antique Phonograph from 2004 to the present, back issues of the same, events announcements, the Online Shop and others, a new tab for "Videos" has been added to the Home Page (www.antiquephono.org). By clicking on that "Videos" tab, a selection of 15 videos (more coming soon) is displayed, ready for viewing. These include Bob Barnett's outstanding and informative videos on various record changers from 1928, 1930, and 1949; as well as Rene Rondeau's excellent demonstrations of rare talking machines. If you've never seen or heard original tinfoil machines, a coin-operated Zonophone, a hot-air powered Paillard Maestrophone, Polyphone attachments, and other treats, they're all waiting for you. And for people just beginning their experience with antique phonographs who discover the website, we hope this will help provide interesting experiences into the magic we all enjoy. :)

Special thanks go out to Rod Pickett for working with the various technicians who made this feature a reality. (Applause here!)

The December issue of The Antique Phonograph is in the mail, so you APS members can expect something soon in your mailboxes!

Best to all,

George P.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Re: Videos on APS Website

Post by alang »

That's awesome George! I just took a sneak peak (at work) and can't wait to watch them all with sound tonight. Here is a direct link for convenience http://www.antiquephono.org/videos/

Andreas

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Nice! I've seen some of these before but so convenient to have them all in one place! I just watched the Biophone demonstration. Had it been designed to work on a Triumph perhaps there would have been a chance of success but adding all that machinery to the single spring Standard was probably doomed to failure.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

I'm glad you fellows are enjoying them! :)

George P.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Awesome, George, I'll have to take a look!

Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.