Holiday Gifts from the Antique Phonograph Society

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Holiday Gifts from the Antique Phonograph Society

Post by phonogfp »

Just in time for your holidays, the APS has added 9 new free videos to the website (for a total of 26!). 4 rare coin-operated talking machines are featured, plus 4 phonograph repeaters, as well as a delightful interview with Little Wonder authority Merle Sprinzen. There are some WONDERFUL things to be seen there. If you haven't visited the Video section of the APS website, do yourself a favor and do so. There's something for everyone.

http://www.antiquephono.org/videos/

In addition, if (like me) you were not able to attend the 2014 APS Banquet and Presentations, they are now available on DVD in the Online Shop section of the website.

The first presentation is John Levin's unveiling of his CPS1 cylinder phonograph. The reports I've received (which must suffice until I receive the DVD!) is that John's machine is quite interesting, and has loads of potential for cylinder audiophiles playing different formats. The DVD set also includes a CD with a compilation of 20 early cylinder recordings played by the CPS1. The second presentation is an entertaining look by Tim Fabrizio at the "might-have-beens" of phonographic history. You can read about the set on the website:

http://www.antiquephono.org/shop/

Finally, it's that time of year again... Renew your APS membership now! :)

On behalf of the APS Board of Directors, Happy Holidays and a Healthy New Year to All!

George P.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Holiday Gifts from the Antique Phonograph Society

Post by fran604g »

Awesome! Many thanks to you and the rest of the APS for such an amazing (and growing) website!

Merry, merry, and HOHOHO!

Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.