CLPGS 2015 Phonofair - Saturday 27 June 2015

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
Wagnerian
Victor II

CLPGS 2015 Phonofair - Saturday 27 June 2015

Post by Wagnerian »

Yes, it's Geezer-Fest time again with the 2015 CLPGS Phonofair.

Held as usual in the Village Hall, Powick situated between Worcester and Great Malvern, entry is free to all CLPGS members(just let is know who you are at the door) or £2.00 for non-members. Doors open at 08:00 and things tend to wind down by about 12:00 - 13:00 so get there early.

As well as stalls with records, cylinders, books, machines and CDs, there is also some of the best and best value, catering in the Midlands - the bacon rolls are legendary.

Powick village Hall is located in Malvern Road, Powick, Worcestershire, WR2 4RT, United Kingdom.

Hope to see you there.

Tim W-W

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: CLPGS 2015 Phonofair - Saturday 27 June 2015

Post by epigramophone »

I will be driving up from Somerset with a couple of fellow members.

See you there, but not as early as 8.00am!

Roger.

Wagnerian
Victor II

Post by Wagnerian »

And, of course, for those who prefer not to drive, the No.44 bus runs four times an hour from Worcester Bus Station or Great Malvern Church St. to Powick.

See you there

Tim W-W

RefSeries
Victor I

Post by RefSeries »

Powick Village Hall can be hard to find. Using the post code for the AA Route Planner it takes you to King's End Road, which you don't want! The hall is on a slip road off to the right of Malvern Road (the A449), about 300m from the one way system in the village, travelling south west. The entry is behind some trees between the slip road and Malvern Road. If you come to traffic lights when coming from the one way system, you've passed it.

Having said all that, it's worth the visit. It is a friendly show, and the bacon rolls are superb, as Tim says.

Keith

Wagnerian
Victor II

Post by Wagnerian »

The 2015 CLPGS Phonofair has been and gone and everybody seemed to have a good time - even some of the dealers were smiling. Whilst I have not seen the figures to prove it, attendance seemed to be up on previous years with a steady flow of people coming through the doors for the whole of the morning.

The stalls were all well stocked with some bargains to be had and if you find yourself in the Midlands area, it is well worth a look in.

A few pictures of the day:
General View of the "Trading Room"
General View of the "Trading Room"
More Business Being Done
More Business Being Done
Powick 2015 04x.jpg
The CLPGS Stand
The CLPGS Stand
"Mr Grumpy" - I don't know what I'm looking so miserable about, I'd just bought a Diamond disc for 50p!
"Mr Grumpy" - I don't know what I'm looking so miserable about, I'd just bought a Diamond disc for 50p!
Powick 2015 14x.jpg

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

There I am in the centre of Picture 1, wallet open and about to add several titles to my Blue Amberol collection. The dealer, Eddie Dunn, looks anxiously on......

As always a good day out among friends, with some nice purchases on cylinder and disc.

RefSeries
Victor I

Post by RefSeries »

Well worth the trip, admission free to CLPGS members. I picked up a couple of things I had been searching for, one being found for me by a friendly dealer. I also won a raffle prize, and those bacon rolls...

Good day out, and I will be there next year.

Keith