"It's The Most Won-der-ful Time of the Year...!"

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

"It's The Most Won-der-ful Time of the Year...!"

Post by phonogfp »

...Unless you're trying to figure out a gift for someone who has everything. Well, HERE'S an idea...

If you know someone who enjoys antique phonographs but has not yet joined the Antique Phonograph Society, perhaps a membership would make a thoughtful gift to be enjoyed all year long. You can have this arranged in under five minutes by going here:

http://www.antiquephono.org/join-us-home/

Here's a special message for our valued members:

I am surprised each year by how difficult it is to convince many of our members to simply RENEW. Over many months our volunteers send out emails and eventually paper mailings (consuming hundreds of dollars in needed funds) to simply remind our members to RENEW. If 3 of every 4 members renewed right now, our volunteers would save many hours of their personal time, and our organization would realize significant savings. Won't you please be one of those thoughtful and kind folks who renew now - before other matters get in the way? Thank you. :)

http://www.antiquephono.org/join-us-home/

Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy 2016!

George Paul - President

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: "It's The Most Won-der-ful Time of the Year...!"

Post by fran604g »

Thank you George; and all the other folks "behind the scenes" that make -- and keep -- the Society possible.

I just renewed my membership, and would urge those who aren't members to join! IMNSHO, it's the best $30 you could spend. :)

Last March I bought all of the past issues of The Sound Box and The Antique Phonograph that were available on the website, and I still can't get over the immense amount of credible information that the Society provides me with, continually.

Keep up the great work,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Wow - what a nice testimonial, Fran! :)

I think you should be the Publicity Chairman for the APS. You'd get paid just as much as the rest of us - nothing! :lol:

One really nice thing about having the back issues of The Sound Box/The Antique Phonograph is the Subject Index to Past Issues that is maintained on the website. Just click on the link at the bottom of this page to see what I mean:

http://www.antiquephono.org/back-issues ... honograph/

Thanks again for the encouraging words, Fran.

George P.

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Thanks for the heads-up! Just renewed. :D

Bill

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

Thanks, Bill! :D

George P.

DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

Post by DGPros »

After finally joining myself , I just sent a membership to a friend. He's not very proficient on the computer, nevertheless, this seemed like a great Christmas gift.
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

The MAPS renewals were in December, and being a creature of habit, that's what I do with APS. Took care of it today online.

Oh, and my copy of the APS journal came today.
:)

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

Just renewed also.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

Rich Gordon