The Voice Of The Victor - January 1908

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: The Voice Of The Victor - January 1908

Post by OrthoSean »

I consider Ryan to be a pretty good friend. I'll ask him if he intends to do another print run. I bought them from him at the time, they're fascinating. For those of you who don't know, Ryan is also in the process of working on the definitive Billy Murray bio and discography. He's certainly got his hands full.

Sean

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

OrthoSean wrote:I consider Ryan to be a pretty good friend. I'll ask him if he intends to do another print run. I bought them from him at the time, they're fascinating. For those of you who don't know, Ryan is also in the process of working on the definitive Billy Murray bio and discography. He's certainly got his hands full.

Sean
Excellent. Sean, you're now the official emissary! :)

George P.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

I'll let everyone here know what he says, I sent him a note just after posting here!

Sean

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

I spoke with Ryan and he says he has no plans to reprint the Columbia Record since he's had exactly two inquiries since running out of them. He may put them online at some point in the future, but he doesn't want to upset anyone that bought them as a set by doing so. I did tell him that I certainly wouldn't be upset by him doing so, and I couldn't imagine others who bought it would be either, so I guess time will tell!

I still keep hoping all of the VOTV issues will be available online at some point, the few issues I've been able to read and check out are fascinating.

Sean

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Thanks for asking Ryan about that, Sean. :)

George P.