The Lovely VV-VIII

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Victrolacollector
Victor V

Re: The Lovely VV-VIII

Post by Victrolacollector »

Steve Levi wrote:Here is better photo showing position of crank.
Thanks for sharing, it appears yours has the same motor as the early VV-VI, and the crank probably should be flat???
From what I can tell, these machines seemed to follow the VV-VI as far as changes in motors etc.

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Panatropia wrote:Interesting little model. Never know where they'll turn up....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-Model-V ... SwbYZXVEXt
I had to inform the seller of the incorrect tone arm: I doubt there will be any response. :roll:

Bill

ambrola
Victor IV
Personal Text: Be Careful What You Say, You Can't T ake It Back!

Post by ambrola »

[quote="phonogfp"]Fifteen years ago, I was negotiating for a machine I wanted very much, but the seller had a VV-VIII that he insisted went with the deal. I still have them both! :)

This VIII is sometimes set up on our front porch or back deck (depending on the time of day) during the summer. They're nice little machines for sure. :)

George P.
That is a beautiful machine George. Do you know what the bottom measurements are? I think that is what I need for the little cabinet. It is 18/¼ x 15.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

The measurements of this one are 19 ¼" x 15 ½". Of course, there were several variations of the VV-VIII, so they may vary. The Victor Data Book would be a good resource. :)

George P.

ambrola
Victor IV
Personal Text: Be Careful What You Say, You Can't T ake It Back!

Post by ambrola »

phonogfp wrote:The measurements of this one are 19 ¼" x 15 ½". Of course, there were several variations of the VV-VIII, so they may vary. The Victor Data Book would be a good resource. :)

George P.
I have that book and will look it up. Those measurements are too big for that cabinet.