Victor Credenza

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
FloridaClay
Victor VI

Re: Victor Credenza

Post by FloridaClay »

Installing the crank on a Credenza is always a bit difficult because of the geometry involved. You are trying to make a long rod, which because of its length moves around a fair distance with even slight movement at the escutcheon end, hit a quite small target. Rather like threading a needle using a broomstick! Easiest way to do it is to removed the back board, which is simple to do. Then installing the crank will be a piece of cake if the involved threads are in good order.

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.

dutchman
Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

Visited the antique shop last weekend and yakked with the owner of the shop, who is the owner of the credenza. Mentioned the problem with the difficulty getting the crank to mate as I wanted to hear the machine play. He tried but no luck and then said it really does not play but runs very slow. Everything is there, has a brass ortho reproducer, several pieces of the speaker grille are missing. He said if I wanted the machine he could come off the $325 which a few months ago was $695. He is a collector himself and said he will probably part it out,.....He has my number.

Bill K

dutchman
Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

Visited the antique shop last weekend and yakked with the owner of the shop, who is the owner of the credenza. Mentioned the problem with the difficulty getting the crank to mate as I wanted to hear the machine play. He tried but no luck and then said it really does not play but runs very slow. Everything is there, has a brass ortho reproducer, several pieces of the speaker grille are missing. He said if I wanted the machine he could come off the $325 which a few months ago was $695. He is a collector himself and said he will probably part it out,.....He has my number.

Bill K