Getting Lucky

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Re: Getting Lucky

Post by GregVTLA »

It seems that the warmer weather seems to smoke out some nice phonos. This winter seemed to be a little of a drought of nice things in my area. Guess it's the spring cleaning fever. Anyway congrats! It looks to be a beautiful machine! With a little goop or gojo and a little bit of love you'll have something special here.

downsouth
Victor III

Post by downsouth »

Yeah, plants love sunlight, Victrolas not so much. Very nice machine!

Wes

rvwenger
Victor I

Post by rvwenger »

Congrats. That's how I found my VTLA, and Circassian walnut L Door. I like the hardware and carved detail on yours.

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

A very nice machine. Mine came from a friend of my late Grandmother. Her late husband got it from the original owner in the 40's. It is the only Victrola I own (other than my XX). I have kept it as a reminder of my Grandmother.

Did yours come with the albums..??. If not, you should be able to locate a set. The only one that may be difficult to find is the 10" P album. It was only used in the XVII & XVIII.
Victor Victrola VV-XVII  (3).JPG
Victor Victrola 17 (4).JPG
Victrola XVII Manual.JPG
Victrola VV-XVII Sales Booklet (4).JPG

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

gramophone78 wrote:A very nice machine. Mine came from a friend of my late Grandmother. Her late husband got it from the original owner in the 40's. It is the only Victrola I own (other than my XX). I have kept it as a reminder of my Grandmother.

Did yours come with the albums..??. If not, you should be able to locate a set. The only one that may be difficult to find is the 10" P album. It was only used in the XVII & XVIII.
Victor Victrola VV-XVII (3).JPG
Victor Victrola 17 (4).JPG
Victrola XVII Manual.JPG
Victrola VV-XVII Sales Booklet (4).JPG
No albums and no family history, but for $300.00, I cannot complain. Yours looks great.

NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Post by NEFaurora »

With the way he has it displayed.....It's not just Sunlight that I'd worry about... He's got it next to plant and liquids..!! Both big stain makers!!!!!

:o)

Tony K.

Edison Collector/Restorer

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

NEFaurora wrote:With the way he has it displayed.....It's not just Sunlight that I'd worry about... He's got it next to plant and liquids..!! Both big stain makers!!!!!

Tony K.

I have the same worries and concerns. My wife is careful and the plants are not contacting the cabinet. The exposure is due West and I am in Northern New England with tall trees out back, so sunlight is minimal. That said, the plants go back outside in another month and she said that she will find a new place for them next winter. A solar shade will be put in the window as soon as the plants are out and the blind is generally closed. It was open for lighting when I took the pictures. I appreciate and share the concerns, but she is nice enough to put up with me and the fact that the collection has migrated from the designated areas, so I have to compromise.

Hit of the Week
Victor I

Post by Hit of the Week »

Django wrote:
NEFaurora wrote:With the way he has it displayed.....It's not just Sunlight that I'd worry about... He's got it next to plant and liquids..!! Both big stain makers!!!!!

Tony K.

I have the same worries and concerns. My wife is careful and the plants are not contacting the cabinet. The exposure is due West and I am in Northern New England with tall trees out back, so sunlight is minimal. That said, the plants go back outside in another month and she said that she will find a new place for them next winter. A solar shade will be put in the window as soon as the plants are out and the blind is generally closed. It was open for lighting when I took the pictures. I appreciate and share the concerns, but she is nice enough to put up with me and the fact that the collection has migrated from the designated areas, so I have to compromise.
When Mama's happy,everyone's happy! :mrgreen:
Nice machine at a great price!

Iowa Dale

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

Hit of the Week wrote:
Django wrote:

Tony K.

When Mama's happy,everyone's happy! :mrgreen:
Nice machine at a great price!

Iowa Dale
It's a small price to pay to have such a good woman by my side.