The Talking Machine Forum — For All Antique Phonographs & Recordings

It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: More Pictures From Union.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:43 am 
Victor O
startgroove wrote:
The 9-54 was not complete, missing the power supply, speaker, speaker grille and record albums. I'll be searching for those now. I'm a campy happer! I can't wait for it to get here.

The asking price on the Idelia was $11K. There were a couple of people interested, but as far as I know, there was no final sale. Lori said I could sell the Packard to buy it!

Russie

As a fellow Packard owner, I say keep the Packard!!
Roy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 am 
Victor O
MTPhono wrote:
Who was selling the triple horn and what where they asking? Is there a story behind it?

Thanks,
Scott

John Duffy has the horn and is asking $3500. He did all the restoration work so it is gorgeous
Roy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:34 am 
Victor II
HORNS ROLLED & STRAIGHTENED, Herzog Handles
Hi, The Clover Horn is mine and the price is $3500 without the stand which was on loan from Bill Kocher. There is no particular story except no one has ever seen one prior to this discovery. I bought the horn off eBay because I recognized it in the rough (understatement - see pic, one horn was off, another had a messy bell re-solder). I found out it had been in a local PA. auction and then to ebay. I hoped it was all there and it was. In fact it still had the original price tag attached which will be included should somebody purchase this one of a kind H&S Horn. As Roy mentioned, it took me 6 Months to restore. The bells are attached to each other with solder spot, not a great design for strength, but original. The advertisement and subsequent article are culled from November 1899 Phonoscope. The picture of the Clover Crane was taken from a page of Shawn O'rourke's Hawthorne & Sheble Catalog reprints pointed out to me by Andy Jorgensen. You can call me to purchase it. As you all know, I just love horns and this one takes the cake! John Duffy 860-966-2827

Photo credit to Brandon for the image of the horn on display at the Union Show.

Attachments:
Clover Horn Finish.jpeg
Clover Horn Finish.jpeg [ 1.69 MiB | Viewed 250 times ]
clover horn 2 (2).jpg
clover horn 2 (2).jpg [ 251.35 KiB | Viewed 250 times ]
Clover Horn Finish.jpeg
Clover Horn Finish.jpeg [ 1.69 MiB | Viewed 250 times ]
Clover Page.JPG
Clover Page.JPG [ 63.97 KiB | Viewed 250 times ]
Clover Page 2.JPG
Clover Page 2.JPG [ 82.13 KiB | Viewed 250 times ]
clover price tag - original.JPG
clover price tag - original.JPG [ 435.47 KiB | Viewed 250 times ]
clover crane H&S.JPG
clover crane H&S.JPG [ 133.36 KiB | Viewed 255 times ]
Horns rolled and straightened

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:51 pm 
Victor II
Amazing horn and work that you put in to restore it John! Thanks for the back story.

Scott

Ripduf1 wrote:
Hi, The Clover Horn is mine and the price is $3500 without the stand which was on loan from Bill Kocher. There is no particular story except no one has ever seen one prior to this discovery. I bought the horn off eBay because I recognized it in the rough (understatement - see pic, one horn was off, another had a messy bell re-solder). I found out it had been in a local PA. auction and then to ebay. I hoped it was all there and it was. In fact it still had the original price tag attached which will be included should somebody purchase this one of a kind H&S Horn. As Roy mentioned, it took me 6 Months to restore. The bells are attached to each other with solder spot, not a great design for strength, but original. The advertisement and subsequent article are culled from November 1899 Phonoscope. The picture of the Clover Crane was taken from a page of Shawn O'rourke's Hawthorne & Sheble Catalog reprints pointed out to me by Andy Jorgensen. You can call me to purchase it. As you all know, I just love horns and this one takes the cake! John Duffy 860-966-2827

Photo credit to Brandon for the image of the horn on display at the Union Show.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:47 pm 
Victor III
Did the 2 door Credenza in the back room priced at $500 ever sell? I saw it was still there on Sunday. It had a brass reproducer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:53 pm 
Victor III
No the Credenza did not sell. I considered it myself by there was no room with the walnut Credenza I was picking up on the way home.

Wes