First Brunswick Panatrope

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
fmlondon
Victor Jr
Personal Text: If only....

First Brunswick Panatrope

Post by fmlondon »

I know that, in 1926, Panatropes and, I think, Panatrope-Radiolas were being sold. However, a very limited number of Panatropes were delivered in December of 1925. Will someone please tell me which was that first model? Did it come with the Radiola? If not, which was the first combination model sold?

pallophotophone
Victor II

Re: First Brunswick Panatrope

Post by pallophotophone »

I wish I could recall exactly where I saw a picture of the first all electronic Panatrope, but as I recall it was a floor standing all metal cased unit. No radio- just a phonograph.

Governor Flyball
Victor II

Post by Governor Flyball »

I am currently restoring a Victor Model Cromwell all electric player from late 1925.
It appears that Brunswick and Victor both prepared to sell all electronic reproducing instruments at the same time. Brunswick promoted it whereas Victor did not.
The electronic amplifier is essentially the same except for the coupling to the loudspeaker.

fmlondon
Victor Jr

Post by fmlondon »

Once you restore it, if you get tired of it, I would love to have it. It was phonograph only? Were any phono-radio Panatropes sold before 1926?

fmlondon
Victor Jr

Post by fmlondon »

Once you restore it, if you get tired of it, I would love to have it. It was phonograph only? Were any phono-radio Panatropes sold before 1926?

fmlondon
Victor Jr

Post by fmlondon »