Attending MME show in Wayne.

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Re: Attending MME show in Wayne.

Post by estott »

Amberola 1-A wrote:How about we all get those fake nose and glasses disguises??????????

:clover:
They wouldn't help- I look like that already.

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

I think the best idea is still the print your own "Hello My Name is..." tags. That is if Dave can make them for us to print our selves :D Then when we see Jack walking around with his camera taking pictures for his movie he can take a group photo of all of us.But in the photo some one has to hold up sign saying "The Talking Machine Forum" So that in the video they know who we are.

Aaron

bob27556
Victor I

Post by bob27556 »

And Paul if its possible for you. you should meet Charley and see his collection the day before. Even after seeing it many times you will always be more amazed then the last time.
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Charley Hummel? I've never been to the get together at his house but would like to this year. I've recently picked up an Edison spring motor phonograph and hope that someone there could help me date the machine and also advise me about some repairs the lid needs.

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

Bob,

Shoot me an email when you get a chance and ill give you Charley's contact info.He has become a sort of mentor to me and i am sure he would love to help you!

Aaron

coyote
Victor II

Post by coyote »

I'm wondering if Mr. Gfell or his son-in-law or whomever is doing his work for him now will be represented. I've saw him ages ago in Ohio and don't recall whether he was in Wayne in October. I have an Opera horn with two splits that I'd like to have repaired OR trade for a reproduction/restoration...just one thing on my wish list.

bob27556
Victor I

Post by bob27556 »

Shoot me an email when you get a chance and ill give you Charley's contact info.
Thanks again Aaron! I'll be contacting Wyatt as well. A lot of research will be done before I make a decision about this repair.

Bob

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

GLAD TO HELP BOB----i hope all goes well!

Aaron

schweg
Victor III

Post by schweg »

Coyote, Don Gfell was in Orlando and plans on being at Union. I wouldn't doubt that he'll make the trip to Wayne also. After all, who could resist a trip to the Garden State?

However, drop him a line, his website is:

http://www.edisonman.com/

and he can confirm whether or not he'll be there. I bought a repro oak horn from him and also had a mahogany one repaired by him. Both are excellent work. If I were you, I'd opt for the repair and not a trade for a repro, when he gets done fixing the cracked horn, it'll look like it never had any problems.

Steve

schweg
Victor III

Post by schweg »

Try contacting Don Gfell at

dgfell@accnorwalk.com

His website wasn't working very well when I clicked on the various options....

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

I'm sure Don will be there, he's been at every Wayne show that I've ever been to. I've had Don repair two Victor spear tip horns for me over the years, his work can't be beat and his prices are very fair for repairs. I second what Schweg says too, keep the original horn!

Sean