Most Talking Machines Float

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Most Talking Machines Float

Post by briankeith »

If you live on the East Coast or even 300 miles or so in-land,,, move your machines to higher ground. 10-12 inches of rain in the next 24-36 hours here in Northern New Jersey!

bob27556
Victor I

Re: Most Talking Machines Float

Post by bob27556 »

Not bad in Bergenfield at the present time. Gusty winds and light rain on and off. A recent path projection predicts landfall a bit further south.

Float? Maybe a tall Standard with a tight box but a Spring Motor or Triumph would make a good anchor! Keep them upstairs!

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Post by briankeith »

Yes, near the Delaware River basin - Lehigh Valley Pa. is getting hammered. Only a steady light rain but lots of wind gusting here in Northern New Jersey. I brought everything up from my basement last night,,,, well,,, except for the wife.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

Still not too bad in northern Delaware. We now have a waterfront property, but the water is staying away from the house so far. Wind doesn't seem to be too bad either, but we're a bit shielded by trees and hills. Hope it stays that way. I have machines on every floor, so I can keep them playing...
Andreas

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

High winds here in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania. We are right in the projected path of Sandy as it (she? he?) moves inland. Surprisingly, not too much rain has fallen in recent hours, although there was a moderate amount earlier. Overnight should tell the tale. Forecasts say things will calm down after midday tomorrow (Tuesday). So far, so good.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

We even have high winds and heavy rain here in Michigan. Hope you guys stay dry and on the ground!

bbphonoguy
Victor III

Post by bbphonoguy »

Nothing here in Romney, WV. A lot of steady, but not heavy rain. Had some leakage around a couple chimneys, but nothing else. Had to help my neighbors bail some water out of their basement.

phonogal
Victor IV
Personal Text: Life's Short. Be Happy!

Post by phonogal »

Hope all of you got through the night alright. You're all in our thoughts and prayers. Jan

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

Here's sending you all sincere well-wishes from across the (turbulent) pond. Hope you and yours are all OK.
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I hope all our East Coast friends survived Sandy with a minimum of problems. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Jerry Blais