Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonophan79
Victor IV

Easter Greetings!

Post by phonophan79 »

Happy Easter! :-)

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Easter Greetings!

Post by MordEth »

Great image!

Happy Easter!

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

barnettrp21122
Victor IV
Personal Text: "Did you ever stop to think that pleasure is a duty?" (Victor sales pamphlet)

Post by barnettrp21122 »

Yes, Happy Easter to everyone!

Here's a medley of popular hymns on Diamond Disc:

March Religioso (New York Military Band) 50812L

http://www.box.net/shared/7bmsi723ny

Bob Barnett
"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt

His Master's Voice Automatic 1A Exponential Gramophone Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi70G1Rzqpo

richardh

Post by richardh »

Well today we took the children out for a nice long, long walk in the woods - allowed them to run off some of their energy! Hope everyone is having a great day!

RJ 8-)
Attachments
Woods Bracknell 12 April 2008.JPG

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

A belated Easter greeting to all too. We were out of town at my wife's family so am now back and just catching up.

Thanks for the nice picture Richard. It gives me an excuse to post a pic of my "Junior" my "Gem" and my "Nipper"
Attachments
IMG_4375.JPG

richardh

Post by richardh »

Hey Bruce, good to see a photo of the youngsters...hope one of them will be interested in phonos. I am still working on mine...without sucess so far I have to add!

RJ 8-)

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Hi Richard,

Maybe I'm having a bit more success there. My kids, especially my daughter, fairly frequently ask if we can "play the grammophone". Usually this means cylinders on my E model Triumph or 78's /diamond discs on my modern equipment.

At the Rüdesheim show I picked up an incredibly clean HMV pressing of "Silent Night" and "Adeste Fidelis" from ~1930, a tenor solo. My four and a half year old daughter rated "Silent Night" as "just okay" but we had to listen to "Adeste Fidelis" three times after which she commented "that's just beautiful daddy." :D