New PHONOGRAPH related Website

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

New PHONOGRAPH related Website

Post by Valecnik »

Actually this is not a new website but a new and improved version of my previous website. Lots of work left to do here but thought I'd make it public anyway.

Although most of the items pictured are or were mine, the purpose here is not to display my collection but rather to display lots of high quality images of machines, accessories and information that may be used for reference purposes or just for enjoyment. If you have a machine or item that fits well in the line up and you can supply good quality pictures, I'd be happy to post them here, time permitting, with or without your contact information as you prefer.

Merry Christmas! http://www.phonographcompany.com/

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Re: New PHONOGRAPH related Website

Post by FloridaClay »

You are well on the way to a nice site.

Curious as to why you used "gramophone" rather than "graphophone" for the Columbia index on the home page.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.

Bruce
Victor III

Post by Bruce »

Nice Site. It is always useful to see other collectors machines as reference points

Merry Christmas

Bruce

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

FloridaClay wrote:You are well on the way to a nice site.

Curious as to why you used "gramophone" rather than "graphophone" for the Columbia index on the home page.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Clay
It's just one of the many mistakes that need to be fixed. :oops:

Merry Christmas to you too!

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

As you have posted pictures of my Columbia BY and matching cabinet on your site, would you mind attributing them to me? Thanks, and Happy Holidays! Raphael

Valecnik
Victor VI

Post by Valecnik »

raphael wrote:As you have posted pictures of my Columbia BY and matching cabinet on your site, would you mind attributing them to me? Thanks, and Happy Holidays! Raphael
I certainly would Raphael. In fact it's already done, along with a link to your site. Happy holidays to you too!