Mikiphone on Ebay

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Mikiphone on Ebay

Post by MordEth »

saxymojo wrote:Making the pouch is not that hard, hand stitching it is the difficult time consuming part. I made my first leather horn elbow today for my Victor MS, I was thinking about making a few of them and selling them on ebay :D do you think there would be a market for these?
Marcel,

Why not start a thread and post some pictures of it? I imagine that there are people out there that would need replacement elbows (just as there are Mikiphones out there in need of pouches), although I’m not sure if you’d do better doing them on commission or via eBay.

If nothing else, we can drool over your handiwork—your chief engineer gave you a very good suggestion on the last replacement part you posted.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

saxymojo
Victor II

Post by saxymojo »

Hi David
I attached a photo to the previous post.
Regards Marcel

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

Marcel

You're obviously very good at what you do. Why not make a Mikiphone pouch in tan leather to the exact dimensions and style of one of the many originals which seem to be floating around at the present time? Then you'll know how good it will turn out and also how long it took you and how much you'd need to charge to make one on commission as MordEth says.

I'll place my order soon!

The elbow looks fine and better than some repro ones I've seen for sale for years.

Steve

PS What's next?

saxymojo
Victor II

Post by saxymojo »

Hi Steve
I just went back to ebay and saved the images to my desk top, when I am not so busy in the shop I will make one, or more. :P
Regards Marcel