Ruby dances the Charleston

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Ruby dances the Charleston

Post by TinfoilPhono »

Okay, so I'm an over-proud grandfather who dotes on his 20 month-old granddaughter. Sue me. ;) I'm amazed by how much she enjoys my phonographs. Her favorite by far is my Graphophone Grand. She lights up like a Christmas tree whenever I play "Stars & Stripes."

Today I played my Victor 6 for her for the first time. She really got into it. VIDEO LINK HERE. It cracks me up every time I watch it. (Apologies for the vertical format -- I don't use my phone often for video and I keep forgetting that detail.)

It probably goes without saying that I'm hoping her appreciation for my machines and music grows as she gets older. :D

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Re: Ruby dances the Charleston

Post by Phono-Phan »

Too cute :D No need to apologize. Thanks for sharing.
Ken Brekke

barnettrp21122
Victor IV
Personal Text: "Did you ever stop to think that pleasure is a duty?" (Victor sales pamphlet)

Post by barnettrp21122 »

She's got the moves! :D What a beauty! Thanks for sharing!
Bob
"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt

His Master's Voice Automatic 1A Exponential Gramophone Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi70G1Rzqpo

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

That's great, Rene! The best part is, of course, at the end where she runs over to be picked up by Grandpa.

Our grandson is 18 months and doing lots of dancing too. Next time he visits I'll have to try him out with some old music and see what happens.

Thanks for posting this - -

George P.

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

She's a real cutie Rene. We too have a 20 month old Granddaughter and have her over on the weekend. I started her on a menu of YouTube Fox Trots off my I-phone on Sunday morning when she is waking up. The one she particularly likes is "Little Girl" by Sam Lanin and his orchestra. Her face lights right up when she hears it