Semi-O/T—Vintage Photographs

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Semi-O/T—Vintage Photographs

Post by MordEth »

I was feeling Photoshop-inclined today, and wanted to share a couple of images that resulted from this. The first is a larger version of Wyatt’s avatar, which was found via Google image search and then cut for him to use here:

Afterward, I figured that I might make a start on getting more people in the stock avatar gallery under ‘people’ with a different Keaton photo, and so I cut out this image:

The original of the latter was borrowed from his Wikipedia page.

Enjoy.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

I wanted to include a few more avatars of musicians, so here are a few Billy Murray images from Wikipedia:

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

If you’d like to use one, they’re in the stock avatar gallery under ‘people’. :D

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

This was a great thread with probably the best vintage photos of any I've seen so far. Thanks for reviving it. Perhaps it's a candidate for archives? Cheers b

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Valecnik wrote:This was a great thread with probably the best vintage photos of any I've seen so far. Thanks for reviving it.
I’ve enjoyed doing these, and I like posting larger images of the ones that I am adding to the avatars. Hopefully there are many more to come—I did a couple of Sir Harry Lauder images today.
Valecnik wrote:Perhaps it's a candidate for archives?
I think so, or perhaps we can leave it where it is and link to it from the archives.

Either way, here’s Sir Harry Lauder, both images of whom were taken from his Wikipedia article.

Image Image

Here’s the music book from which the caricature above was taken:

(Click on the image above or this link for the full size version.)

Expect more soon! :D

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Here’s a better photo of Billy Murray than the one that I cut out previously:

I’ll probably pass on cutting him out again (at avatar size it wouldn’t be a noticeable improvement from the photo above) in favor of doing other artists.

Expect more images soon. :D

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Here are a couple of images that I made of a Birney Safety Car of which I made avatars, so we could have some period images that might not involve phonographs/gramophones.

I plan on doing more cars and trolleys, and if anyone has something that they’d like to see cut for transparency, please let me know.

— MordEth

Lenoirstreetguy
Victor IV

Post by Lenoirstreetguy »

Och aye! Sir Harry! I have to admit: I like Harry Lauder....and especially his electrics. This is a postcard and it dates from 1914 or so. And to say Lauder was popular in Canada is a marvel of understatement: they idolized him. And bought piles of his records too!

Jim
Attachments
Lauderpc.jpg

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Jim,

Thanks for posting the great postcard of Sir Harry—here’s a cut-out version of that likeness of him:

And that can now be found in the stock avatar gallery under ‘people’. :D

— MordEth