Semi-O/T—Vintage Photographs

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Semi-O/T—Vintage Photographs

Post by MordEth »

ColoradoPhonograf wrote:Here's a scan of an original photo of Mr. Edison that I own. It appears to be an A-250 machine. I think he is trying to make his record selections that meet up with his approval.
ColoradoPhonograf,

Excellent photo, thank you for sharing it with us! Although...are you sure he isn’t deciding that he needs a larger/louder horn and considering designing it? ;)

...He looks almost as if he’s trying to cup every possible iota of sound into his ear. :D

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

...and he’s doing it again in this image, which I found with our cylinder fans in mind:

Enjoy.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

VictrolaGuy - Walt wrote:It's coming soon David and Sean. This time with a twist ;) Ms. Gluck is being assimilated by the BORG(nine) at this very moment. Her resistance proved futile.
Walt,

You are giving me really disturbing ideas for Photoshop projects—fortunately I am safely distracted by the bottom half of the Grey Gull needle packet, three machine photos from George P., even more machine photos from brianu (I’m nearly done with the spider-leg VV-X), and quite a few record label transparencies.

I need to track down more pictures of artists, both to post here and to get more people in the stock avatar gallery. I’m awfully thin on the ‘people’ category.

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

I had a request for a Frank Fay avatar, so here is the cut image for that:

Enjoy.

— MordEth

3victrolas
Victor O

Post by 3victrolas »

VictrolaGuy - Walt wrote:
MordEth wrote:Sean demands that I re-post this picture of...but stipulates that Walt must post in response. ;)
It's coming soon David and Sean. This time with a twist ;) Ms. Gluck is being assimilated by the BORG(nine) at this very moment. Her resistance proved futile.

OMG, Noooo!! :lol:

maginter
Victor II

Post by maginter »

How about an autographed Cal Stewart from 1905......

"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine."
Nikola Tesla

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

I need to get at least one Cal Stewart image in the stock avatar gallery, but in the meantime, here is Guglielmo Marconi:

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

And here is another Phonoautograph photo that I want to cut out at some point...

— MordEth

wjw
Victor II

Post by wjw »

MordEth wrote:url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonoautograph]Phonoautograph[/url]

— MordEth

Just like the one in my living room. Seriously, when I look at this it's hard to believe that Cros didn't experiment with indenting a recording for playback purposes!

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Here is an Edison photo that wasn’t already on this board, from Life’s image archive. The version on Google images is black and white, but it is listed as a sepia print, so I applied sepia to it.

(Click on the image above or this link for a larger JPEG.)

Since I was mistaken in my reasons for wanting to post it, I figured that I’d remove the birthday thread and actually start another one when it’s the actual birthday, but I still wanted to post the image...and it wouldn’t hurt to bump this thread.

— MordEth