Pandora Radio

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
operabass78s
Victor I

Pandora Radio

Post by operabass78s »

This is pretty cool. You type in the artist or song you want to listen to and it compiles a playlist of similar songs.

www.pandora.com

Silvertone
Victor II

Re: Pandora Radio

Post by Silvertone »

I use this all the time with my Ampli-Phone. It makes a great portable music system. They have all types of music, and a very good variety so you don't hear the same things over and over.

http://www.ampli-phone.com

richardh

Post by richardh »

Someone I use to work with used to rave about pandora all the time. I go through phases of listening to it and yes you're right it is great. I've never heard of the other one though but will check it out. Thanks.

RJ 8-)

jnorman111
Victor O

Post by jnorman111 »

(J.M.J.)

I often listen to Pandora radio. Check out PURE BLUES Radio station on Pandora for the real deal Blues, or DAVENPORT BLUES Radio station on Pandora for Bix type Jazz.

However, I prefer to listen to the posts on this website and other phono websites, if posted on the boxnet that can be played instantly. Why post any music if everyone hasn't the access to listen? I am sure it does not cost much more than the free boxnet, which has to be downloaded, and can not be downloaded on public library computers.

Great tunes on this website, glad I joined, Thanks to Wolfe.

richardh

Post by richardh »

Jnorman111,

let me be the first to welcome you to this great site as you have already seen there is tons of great music (including a great many fantastic transfers done by Wolfe). In the main forum there is a wealth of experience on phonographs and gramophone from collectors all around the world. You'll soon learn loads here.

All the best RJ 8-)

jnorman111
Victor O

Post by jnorman111 »

(J.M.J.)

Nice welcome Richard, also I have liked listening to your posts on the australian website, the only ones I can access on that site.

I do like Wolfe posts but I was mistaken, it was MordEth on the edisonphonos46.proboards site that directed me to this fine website.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

Last edited by gramophoneshane on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

scooter
Victor O

Post by scooter »

Pandora is great! I listen via the iphone and it's one of the best music apps. I have a Bix station that I listen too a lot. I even typed in Billy Murray and there are quite a lot of his songs available too. Great music, no commercials and it's FREE.
Scott

jnorman111
Victor O

Post by jnorman111 »

(J.M.J.)

Hey scooter, what it the name of your BIX radio station on Pandora? I would like to listen to it.

THE FOLLOWING IS OFF SUBJECT:

To respond to gramophoneshane regarding music posts, NO the library is not on dial-up, and you are not correct, it takes longer than 10 to 60 seconds to download on a library computer, only to most often find out that the library does not allow access. The boxnet that one can instantly play is being used by most presenters so it probably does not cost much. The reason most are not having trouble with the free boxnet, and others requiring a download procedure, is that they own a PC. I would not want a PC, even if it were free.

scooter
Victor O

Post by scooter »

jnorman111,

Using the "new station" option, type in Bix Beiderbecke. It creates that station and plays Bix songs as well as other similar music from the era. (This is how it's done on the iphone but I can't check the regular site now since I'm at work and this site is blocked by my company.) I also created Benny Goodman, Billy Murray, Fats Waller and Jelly Roll Morton. While listening to the Fats Waller station I heard a great modern artist, Judy Carmichael. She plays strand and is often accompanied by great trumpet and guitar. Good stuff.
Scott