crap sells at home too?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonophan79
Victor IV

crap sells at home too?

Post by phonophan79 »

Hey Guys -

Is it ironic that I came across this on an Indian craigslist ad. ;) I didn't know they had model numbers. :lol:

http://bangalore.craigslist.co.in/art/1055286864.html

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: crap sells at home too?

Post by MordEth »

I didn’t even realized that they had Craigslist there.

Apparently it’s a bargain at $39.85 (the link is to a currency converter), if you can get it up to the correct speed for your records, or prefer to convert your foxtrots to dirges. :D

— MordEth

[hr][/hr]

Excellent Gramophone for sale... — INR2000 (Indiranagar)

Reply to: sale-1055286864@craigslist.org
Date: 2009-03-01, 8:11PM IST

Sale of 32 RPM gramophone in great condition.
With manual winding and play...
The classical expanded hood acts as the speaker.

• It’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.
Craigslist PostingID: 1055286864
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

LOL, i just realized INR2000 was the price... I thought they were saying that was the model number. ;-) Oops! Still sorta funny tho. :-)

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Yes, the price is in Indian Rupees (INR). I’d try to come up with something creative to make it an acronym, but the ‘R’ makes it a bit more difficult...

I wonder if the speed is wrong, or if it does actually play at 32 RPM.

Out of random curiosity: did anyone make a machine with a 4-digit model number (without dashes)? All of the ones that come to my mind are at most 3-digits.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

MordEth wrote: I wonder if the speed is wrong, or if it does actually play at 32 RPM.

— MordEth

Perhaps it is such a crappy crappophone it can't even make it up to 33 ⅓ and and 78 is just far too much to ask for? :roll:

1926CredenzaOwner
Victor II

Post by 1926CredenzaOwner »

!