Any Edison collectors in Alaska?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Any Edison collectors in Alaska?

Post by MordEth »

Perhaps I’m wrong, but I don’t imagine that there are many collectors in Alaska to pick up this machine...

— MordEth

[hr][/hr]

Antique Phonograph/Victrola - $650 (Mat Valley)

Reply to: sale-xkrpp-1105571966@craigslist.org
Date: 2009-04-03, 10:49AM AKDT

Antique Diamond Disc Phonograph, Edison Victrola for sale. It comes with records and extra parts. It has a Chippendale style cabinet and is quarter-sawn oak (looks like a tigers back). This would make and excellent conversation piece in your home, and a great looking piece of furniture. We displayed it in our home theater room. It is a laboratory model, so who knows Edison may have touched it himself.

If interested call us at 745-5904. Cash and Carry only please. For additional pictures email us.

(There is a mahogany one on the net that is listed for $1,000.00, so this is a steal.)
  • It’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.

Image Image

Craigslist PostingID: 1105571966
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Zeppy
Victor III

Re: Any Edison collectors in Alaska?

Post by Zeppy »

and just out of curiosity...was there a reason you were looking at craigslist for Alaska...or is there a way to search all of craig's list at once?

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

Well, the machine got up there somehow! I wonder who and when might've done it.

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

There is a very rare Edison -- a foot- treadle IIRC but that could be wrong -- that is on disply in a local museum in Alaska and went un-noticed for decades.
John M
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

JohnM wrote:There is a very rare Edison -- a foot- treadle
John M
What's that?

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Zeppy wrote:and just out of curiosity...was there a reason you were looking at craigslist for Alaska...or is there a way to search all of craig's list at once?
Zeppy,

I was searching all of Craigslist via Google—with the search string ‘victrola site:craigslist.org’, which would work for all of the Craigslist sites in the U.S. (our British members would want to use ‘victrola site:craigslist.co.uk’).

With Google, specifying ‘site:whatever’ limits your results to that site, and since all of the U.S. Craigslist sites are region.craigslist.org, the search that I used works quite well. And of course, you can also replace ‘victrola’ with other keyword(s), although it’s surprising how many people use ‘Victrola’ in their listings for machines that are not a Victrola. :?

I really should write up a post on search tips for the Board Tech section. I’ll try to make a start on that in the near future. :D

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

B.B.B
Victor I

Post by B.B.B »

MordEth wrote: I really should write up a post on search tips for the Board Tech section. I’ll try to make a start on that in the near future. :D

— MordEth

In the meantime, here is a great link to start with, RE: Google search tricks:
http://techtracer.com/2008/01/06/10-mos ... ch-tricks/
Searching for The Sound