Featured Phonograph № 12

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Featured Phonograph № 12

Post by MordEth »

It’s been a while since I cut out a machine photo, so here’s the second-to-last photo:

I thought that phonocookie might like it as an avatar. I may try one of the other photos later.

Enjoy.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

phonocookie
Victor I

Post by phonocookie »

phonocookie wrote:
MordEth wrote:Shane,

Thanks for sharing the advertising page; I’ve transcribed the text of it via OCR software, and added the cutout below to the stock avatar gallery.

phonocookie: As I’d never seen a Wizard Phonograph before, I’m glad that you chose to feature this machine. Would you be willing to take a head-on shot of the decal? I’d like to try to cut it out at some point, if you don’t mind.
Shane I will take a picture of the decal when the ski clears and I can take one out side for better light.
Attachments
Shane hope this is close up of the decal is good enough.
Shane hope this is close up of the decal is good enough.

phonocookie
Victor I

Post by phonocookie »

phonocookie wrote:
MordEth wrote:Shane,

Thanks for sharing the advertising page; I’ve transcribed the text of it via OCR software, and added the cutout below to the stock avatar gallery.

phonocookie: As I’d never seen a Wizard Phonograph before, I’m glad that you chose to feature this machine. Would you be willing to take a head-on shot of the decal? I’d like to try to cut it out at some point, if you don’t mind.
Shane I will take a picture of the decal when the ski clears and I can take one out side for better light.
Attachments
Shane hope this helped.
Shane hope this helped.

saxymojo
Victor II

Post by saxymojo »

Hi
Very very nice phonograph, thanks for posting, I have never seen this one before, I also would like to see it in action on YouTube.
Hey David that is really good work cutting out the machine, it must take you a lot of time.
Regards Marcel

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

saxymojo wrote:Hey David that is really good work cutting out the machine, it must take you a lot of time.
Marcel,

Actually, they’re not as difficult to do as you might think—although I have the benefit of a good bit of practice. A lot of the time I play with Photoshop, and most of the work on that was done while watching TV or a movie. Of course, the better the contrast between the machine and the background, the faster it is to cut.

One of these days I should do a video showing me working on one of these.

This was a fun machine to cut, though—I’d never seen a Wizard phonograph before, and I’d wanted to make an avatar for phonocookie.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

I find it odd that on the decal both cherubs are mooning us.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

It could have been worse had they been facing the other way!

I wonder how difficult it is to line up the start of a cylinder with the stylus?

solophoneman
Victor II

Post by solophoneman »

estott wrote:I find it odd that on the decal both cherubs are mooning us.

Yes, I hadn't noticed that . Naughty little phono cherubs they are they are!!