beautiful phonograph desk in CA - to be restored?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonophan79
Victor IV

beautiful phonograph desk in CA - to be restored?

Post by phonophan79 »

Hey Guys -

Here is one of those desks with a "hidden" phonograph. Well, the phonograph has been removed... but maybe it's worth pursuing to restore? I don't know what they're thinking with their asking price, but hey... just thought i'd share. ;-)

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/fu ... 94403.html

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: beautiful phonograph desk in CA - to be restored?

Post by gramophoneshane »

I wish it were near me! The baby regent is my favorite of the Columbia "hidden" phono's :)

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Antique Columbia Regent Phonograph Table/Cabinet — $800 (Monrovia)

Reply to: sale-m3qy7-1112494403@craigslist.org
Date: 2009-04-08, 2:12AM PDT

Gorgeous QUARTER SAWN Oak, COLUMBIA REGENT PHONOGRAPH CABINET/TABLE. THE PHOTOS DO IT NO JUSTICE. THIS IS VERY RARE!!! The Crank Hole in Drawer has been plugged. A piece of wood was inserted into drawer where phonograph was originally. (see photo) It has BIG PAW FEET AND A BOTTOM SHELF. THE BACK HAS LOUVERS AND ONE IS MISSING.

28" x 28" x 32"

BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROPER SHIPPING MATERIALS AND ADEQUATE MOVERS! This is a VERY LARGE HEAVY table.

**This is a “CASH—FIRST COME—FIRST SERVED SALE”

THIS ITEM IS PICK-UP ONLY—NO SHIPPING!

Please email me if any questions.
  • It’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interest.

Image Image
Image Image

Craigslist PostingID: 1112494403
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

Not sure how much these go for comlplete....but is $800 for a project like this a bit high (or am I just eternally cheap in my search for project machines)?>

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

Zeppy wrote:Not sure how much these go for comlplete....but is $800 for a project like this a bit high (or am I just eternally cheap in my search for project machines)?>
no, that definitely seems a bit unrealistic to me too. maybe half that might make it worthwhile... but it's still just the cabinet... I've seen complete ones (in need of some work, but complete) sell for half that... if the thing was complete, in oak, and especially if everything was in good order, I'd say it was worth (as in could sell for) more, but that's just my opinion.