Pictures of Rüdesheim Phonograph show

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Pictures of Rüdesheim Phonograph show

Post by Valecnik »

NOT.... My wife and I just got back from the phonograph show/sale in Rüdesheim, Germany a couple of hours ago. Although I'd intended to be posting pictures right now that will not be possible. Yes I "took" plenty of pictures but did not realize that I'd left the memory card for my camera back home. :x Sorry about that.

Although not a big as some of the American shows there certainly was some interesting stuff there. An almost mint front mount G&T MS was one that caught my eye. I was told a very nice oak Amberola III changed hands although I did not see it. Of course lot's of the European stuff, the Re-entrant cabinet phonos and one table top Expert with giant horn was there.

As usual after the show, Siegfried Wendel opened his mechanical music museum to all for a barbecue, wine, beer, entertainment and a tour. http://www.siegfrieds-musikkabinett.de The wine was good and that was fun except for driving six hours back to Prague with a headache today as a result. The music must have been too loud? :?

Sorry about no pics. Maybe someone else will post some. Otherwise I plan to go again in November to the next show, this time with a memory card in my camera!

richardh

Re: Pictures of Rüdesheim Phonograph show

Post by richardh »

Bruce,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :o

Oh no! What a shame...although I bet you won't make that mistake again. Did you buy anything whilst you were there or was your wife there to make sure you didn't! :lol:

RJ 8-)

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

My wife was along but shopping most of the day around Rüdesheim so I would have had the opportunity to be less than forthcoming about the price I paid for anything. It would be hard to be totally silent though. One does tend to notice an Expert or Re-Entrant HMV in the backseat of the car!

Anyway, due to some other recent purchases I've made earlier in the year I had to keep my hands in my pockets. Total purchases included only 1 HMV 78 record and two cylinder records :(

Alot of fun though!

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

:cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry:

Wow Bruce that is TERRIBLE and FUNNY(a bit) too bad..... i really hope someone else took pics though... Did you see Norman there? (otherwise known as WDC) If he was there i am sure he took picture....Thanks for atleast THINKING of us all when taking the pics to post.

Bests Regards :cry: :lol: ,

Aaron :D

Valecnik
Victor VI

Post by Valecnik »

Aaron wrote: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry:

Wow Bruce that is TERRIBLE and FUNNY(a bit) too bad..... i really hope someone else took pics though... Did you see Norman there? (otherwise known as WDC) If he was there i am sure he took picture....Thanks for atleast THINKING of us all when taking the pics to post.

Bests Regards :cry: :lol: ,

Aaron :D
I did not see Norman there but he well could have been. All is not lost though. They do it again on November 7. If anybody's interested I'd be glad to help them. It's alot of fun.