Victor Console + Records in OR — $400 (OBO?)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Victor Console + Records in OR — $400 (OBO?)

Post by MordEth »

This might be of interest, although I don’t know my Victor console models from the cabinet shape as well as I should and was not having any luck identifying it from the Victor-Victrola product page.

There are a surprising number of Victrolas to be found on Craigslist.

— MordEth

[hr][/hr]

Antique Victrola Phonograph — $400 (Tigard, OR)

Reply to: sale-hxfxm-1108783665@craigslist.org
Date: 2009-04-05, 6:00PM PDT

Great antique piece of furniture. Hand crank and wonderful sound. Plays 78s and we have a collection of approximately 50-75 that goes with the Victrola.

If you want more information and/or have questions, please email or call Dave at 503-442-9344 We are asking $400, but will consider offers.
  • It’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.

Image Image
Image Image

Craigslist PostingID: 1108783665
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: Victor Console + Records in OR — $400 (OBO?)

Post by brianu »

you probably won't find much information about that one on the victor victrola page... it looks like a fairly standard offbrand... and I've never been fond of that sort of tonearm set-up - not only is it that troublesome pot metal, but it's also kind of heavy and clumsy and probably hell on the records.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

brianu wrote:it looks like a fairly standard offbrand...
Ah. That’d explain it. Isn’t that a Victor plate on it, though? (Hence me trying to find it among Victor’s machines...)

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

MordEth wrote:
brianu wrote:it looks like a fairly standard offbrand...
Ah. That’d explain it. Isn’t that a Victor plate on it, though? (Hence me trying to find it among Victor’s machines...)

— MordEth

I'm quite certain it's not a victor plate - although I can't quite make out which brand it says (maybe vitanola - they had some bland cabinets like that, and used that sort of tonearm assembly).

solophoneman
Victor II

Post by solophoneman »

Yes, definitely not a Victor, but an off brand type from the late teens or early twenties, cheaply made with pot metal parts. A poor imitation of a Victor Product. There are still many many of these pretenders out there, passing themselves off as honest to goodness Victrolas, the name originated and patented by Eldridge R. Johnson the owner and president of the Victor Talking Machine Company for his first internal horn machines as early as 1906.