$100 Console in Philadelphia

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

$100 Console in Philadelphia

Post by MordEth »

No clue if this is worth looking into or not, but since we have a few members in the Philadelphia area, I thought that I’d post it in case someone wanted to check it out. At that price, it may have potential. Who knows what it might be missing?

The machine is part of the Craigslist version of a garage sale.

— MordEth

[hr][/hr]

Victrola, Vanity and Assorted Art (NE Philly)

Reply to: sale-v55vy-1110309471@craigslist.org
Date: 2009-04-06, 6:50PM EDT

I am selling two furniture items and a few art pieces. All items will be sold on a first come first serve basis. You must come pick it up and be able to move it by yourself.
Victrola— $100 or Best Offer. This works great as a conversation piece or if you want to make it functional some original pieces remain as seen in the picture.
Vanity— $40.00 or Best Offer. This 6 drawer vanity is functional but needs some love and refinishing.
Assorted Masks and Figure Carving $7.00 each or Best Offer May be purchased together or separately.
Hat Box— $5.00 There are actually two boxes in this picture. The other clearly fits inside. May be purchased separately or individually.
  • It’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.

Image Image
Image Image

Craigslist PostingID: 1110309471
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Re: $100 Console in Philadelphia

Post by OrthoSean »

Well, it's a Victor 4-40. They're nice machines if you have room for consoles. This is unfortunately the victim of a "leg job" yet again...chop-chop...

Sean

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: $100 Console in Philadelphia

Post by brianu »

I think I might know that machine... if it's the one I'm thinking of, with the legs and stretcher hacked off, it was sitting in my basement as a parts machine for a few years before I sold it along with a bunch of other project and parts machines to partially clear out said basement about a year or so ago - I think I sold it to him for 40 or 50 bucks. that thing will need some work to get it really presentable... but actually wouldn't take that much to get it simply running properly.