Add-A-Tone

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
ejackett
Victor II

Re: Add-A-Tone

Post by ejackett »

I found the one that sold on ebay for 265.00 it was back on july 3rd of this year and boy was i surprised.
I think i will keep mine since I have the original box that goes with it. I have tried it out and it does
work pretty good, although I admit I have a bit of a hearing loss in both my ears, but it sounded good to me.
Thanks guys for all the posts, its appreciated.

startgroove
Victor III

Post by startgroove »

howardpgh wrote:It probably acts like a co-axial speaker system. Bass from the larger main horn and treble from the little horn. Takes advantage of the "wasted" sound from the needle bar side of the diaphragm.
I have one and have analyzed how it performs. I note that it does respond well to higher frequency sounds AND there is a phase and volume difference between the main horn and this little horn. If I position myself at the spot where the volume is about equal between the two, I can detect a pseudo stereo effect to the sound. It weighs 5.8 oz as compared to 5.2 oz for an Exhibition or Victrola No.2 reproducer. Cheers, Russie

De Soto Frank
Victor V

Post by De Soto Frank »

Seems a little moot if we're supposed to "close the lid while playing"...

;)
De Soto Frank

flying500
Victor O

Post by flying500 »

estott wrote:
howardpgh wrote:It probably acts like a co-axial speaker system. Bass from the larger main horn and treble from the little horn. Takes advantage of the "wasted" sound from the needle bar side of the diaphragm.
I really don't think it would work as neatly as that - I'd bet that if anything it amplifies the hiss
I can tell you that my Pixie sounds Great. After replacing the Gaskets and the isolator on the soundbox.