A whole lot of Ediphone!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonophan79
Victor IV

A whole lot of Ediphone!

Post by phonophan79 »

A whole "lot" of Ediphone, no pun intended. :-) Ediphone's (to me) are usually ugly but these seem to be in nice shape.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0338138779

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: A whole lot of Ediphone!

Post by MordEth »

eBay Item #150338138779

Edison Ediphone Shaver Phonograph Dictaphone Typease

Current bid: US $299.00, 0 bids
Buy it now: US $325.00
Seller: shakelog (1821)
End time: Apr-14-09 19:39:27 PDT (4 days 12 hours)

This is an Edison Dictaphone shaver and also a Ediphone that is on the right it looks complete and also an Edison to the left which is missing several pieces including the motor and is just a parts piece. The Edison shaver shown in the middle and has 2 drawers full of recording stuff and much of the wax inside of the rounds are cracked and missing. The bottom drawer contains and Edison Typease and a bunch of wires and cords. On the top is a label that says Pat. August 8 1905 I did not plug in either one to see if they work.

Please ask any questions.

Prefer pick up but will work with buyer to arrange shipping.

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

coyote
Victor II

Re: A whole lot of Ediphone!

Post by coyote »

I love the broken 2-min cylinder and Blue Amberol in with the Ediphone cylinders. These shavers are FEARSOME (loud and FAST) but the best thing for shaving blanks. These later Ediphones seem to crop up all the time. They are kind of plain/ugly compared to the old wood-cased Edison Business Phonographs, but I guess there's not much demand for those, either...probably because you can't play regular cylinders on them due to the feedscrew pitch difference. Speaking of which, I have a couple of Business and Ediphones I've been meaning to restore...