Victor Metal Dataplate

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
DrGregC
Victor I

Victor Metal Dataplate

Post by DrGregC »

Although most Vic 1's do not stand out in a crowd, there is a nice one with an attractive red horn on eBay right now. Item #170319431496. My question: Is it "normal" to have the metal dataplate placed on the side - rather than the front - of the machine? I'm not sure I've seen this before.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Victor Metal Dataplate

Post by MordEth »

eBay Item #170319431496

Victor Victrola 1905 Vic-1 w/Morning Glory Horn...Nice!

Current bid: US $850.00 (1 bid)
Shipping: US $75.00 (United States)
Seller: vilanu57 (1469)
Item location: Yalesville, CT

Sweet instrument which appears to be all original (with the exception of the turntable felt, which is very common). Special order “Morning Glory” really gives this phonograph an elegant look for a small table top machine! Phonograph works GREAT, cabinet in excellent condition. Crome has dull patina, but no major chrome loss. The horn has wonderful natural patina and usaage signs which would be expected for an item of this age. Always displayed VERY nicely...Just have too many phonographs here! A collection that got a bit out of control!

SHIPPING: Within the Continental U.S. $75.00 (Insurance included)...No overseas shipping or bids please! Local pick-up here in Connecticut is always welcome!

Image Image
Image Image

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

The ID tags seemed to roam around a bit before they finally ended up on the front of the machines. Possibly this was because some cabinets like the pictured machine could be offered as either a front mount (Vic Z) or rear-mount (Vic I). When the ID tag is mounted opposite the crank it would not interfere with either type of horn mounting hardware.

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

It's perfectly normal. I have the same vintage Vic 1 (it's a rather early version...the brake and turn table style are give aways), and it's in the same location.