Pathé Jacobean Model on Ebay

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
solophoneman
Victor II

Pathé Jacobean Model on Ebay

Post by solophoneman »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0405490463

Here is one you don't see very often. A Pathé Jacobean (Art type Model) cabinet Phonograph from 1919. This is pictured on page 115 of "Pathé Records and Phonographs in America, 1914-1922". Too bad it has been refinished, but still an odd and rare sight today.

phonophan79
Victor IV

Re: Pathé Jacobean Model on Ebay

Post by phonophan79 »

Yah, never seen this one. Nice cabinet + wood carvings.

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

I am struck by the extra small size of the horn. This seems to be a issue with Pathé machines?

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Very attractive cabinet. I'm also struck by the small size of the horn. Apparently appearance took precedence over acoustics which is odd because the earlier European Pathé machines often had very large horns relative to the size of the cabinet.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Valecnik wrote:Very attractive cabinet.
I agree, it’s definitely an eye-catching design. I can’t say that I’ve seen many non-rectangular machines.

I wonder how effective it is to set a reserve and tell what it is in the description—I assume that it’s to get more people to look at the machine because they think it’s cheaper... :?

— MordEth

[hr][/hr]
eBay Item #250405490463

BEAUTIFUL PATHÉ MODEL XXI VICTROLA PHONOGRAPH OAK LOOK

Current bid: US $49.99 (0 bids, reserve not met)
Shipping: Pickup only
Item location: Central Ohio
End time: Apr-19-09 17:15:00 PDT (5 days 13 hours)
Seller: barnsideantiques (991)

This auction is for a wonderful PATHÉ MODEL XXI PATHÉPHONE PHONOGRAPH. I am told this was the top of the line model and they are not easily found. This one works great, I am listening to a record as I list it. As you can see by the pictures, this one is in very, very good condition for its age. It is from the early 1900s. The case is oak with spoon carvings and rope twist legs. It appears to have been refinished at some point. The left door does have a split down it where the wood separated. This could be filled with a wax stick and you would never see it. This is more than a great crank up phonograph, it is truly a stunning piece of furniture. The speed control works, the volume control works, there is a hidden drawer for storage. Serial #2697. It measures approx. 48" wide x 20" deep x 37 ¾" tall. It is set up for local pick up only. I will hold the item for you as long as you need to come and pick it up. (Once it is paid for in full.) I can meet you somewhere. I can do delivery (please check with me on a delivery charge). What ever it takes to get you this wonderful piece!!! I do reserve the right to end the auction at anytime as it is for sale in our store for $485.00. So if it were to sell here I would end this auction. The reserve is only $300.00. We purchased this item out of a private estate here in our local area. Please look at our pictures so you can see for yourself what a wonderful item this is!!! And remember a picture can't even begin to capture the true beauty of an item. Please always remember, I try to write all our auctions as accurate as possible but these are antiques, primitives and used items, so they may have a small bump or bruise, you would to if you were this age. There is only one. This item can be seen along with any of our items at our store, located at 2962 Helena Dr. N.W. Carroll, Ohio 43112. (on the corner of Coonpath Rd. and business route 33). If you would like to speak with me directly please feel free to call me @ 614-402-9018 Dan!!! Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have and all items must be paid for within 7 days of the auction ending. Thanks for looking and please check out our other items and good luck!!! We do combine shipping on items when possible. All our items are available for pick up at our store!!! We accept all forms of payment!!!

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

solophoneman
Victor II

Post by solophoneman »

At least they had the good sense to put a 1920's acoustic Cameo record on the turntable, but I do see an early 50's MGM 78rpm in the record storage compartment. The Pathé is obviously sitting in some 2nd hand, or antique shop somewhere in Ohio.