Victrola in Your House This Christmas?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Victrola in Your House This Christmas?

Post by MordEth »

It’s quite a bit early for Christmas, but I wanted to get this re-posted so it was not lost to ProBoards. Thank Neophone for the images; the card is from his collection. :)

Click on the images above or these links (front [28 MB], inside [52 MB], reverse [28 MB]) for larger versions. Please note that since the images are so large (scanned at 600 DPI for optimal printing), that you may wish to right-click them and select ‘Save Link As...’ from the context menu, rather than trying to view them in your browser.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hopefully everyone else that had great Christmas images can get them back up, also.

— MordEth

(Originally posted here, on Matt’s Edison board.)
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

larryh
Victor IV

Re: Victrola in Your House This Christmas?

Post by larryh »

No longer owner of any literature to share, but here is a shot of the S 19 next to the tree last season..
Attachments
DSC02318.JPG

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

I had scanned these (and someone else, whose user name I regrettably forget, had posted the front image at a smaller size), but I never got them up on the previous iteration of this board.

However, let me correct that lapse here, so that they can be enjoyed for next Christmas! ;)

(Click on the images above or these links—front [22 MB], back [18 MB]—for 600 DPI PNG versions optimized for printing.)

As I mentioned above, please note that since the images are so large (scanned at 600 DPI for optimal printing), that you may wish to right-click them and select ‘Save Link As...’ from the context menu, rather than trying to view them in your browser.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Fredrik
Victor O

Post by Fredrik »

Don't the "rings" around the candles in the Christmas tree on that cover look a bit like soundboxes?

Fredrik
Desperately seeking more storage space!

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

They also repeat the circle of the record which is a trait of a good design, a pattern of repetition that draws your eyes in. But I admit the shapes are resembling a sound box, but also it draws on that wide band theme he used on the record.

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Fredrik wrote:Don't the "rings" around the candles in the Christmas tree on that cover look a bit like soundboxes?
Fredrik,

I did not even see that until you mentioned it, but yes—it does.

Has anyone considered using Sound-Boxes as Christmas ornaments (preferably with some type of non-permanent hook on the back that would prevent it from being damaged)? It occurred to me that this might be a very unique and novel Christmas decoration for phonograph collectors. ;)

The only concern (that springs to my mind) would be potential for damage to a perfectly serviceable Sound-Box.

— MordEth

Fredrik
Victor O

Post by Fredrik »

I'd say that few Christmas trees - at least the types that are sold where I live - would have branches strong enough to carry soundboxes. Perhaps one could do something the other way around: putting a pine needle in the soundbox? :D

Fredrik
Desperately seeking more storage space!

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

HMV Model 103 gramophone / phonograph playing Victor record #16996-B "Joy to the World" (Christmas hymn) as performed by the Trinity Choir, mixed voices with orchestra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSVW31Zfqog

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

phonophan79 wrote:HMV Model 103 gramophone / phonograph playing Victor record #16996-B "Joy to the World" (Christmas hymn) as performed by the Trinity Choir, mixed voices with orchestra.
I was always quite partial to “Joy to the World” and that’ll have to go in next year’s Christmas playlist.

I’m still not very familiar with the HMV machines, but that’s seems like a very nice (and loud) little table-top machine.

Thanks for sharing this!

— MordEth