phonophan79
Victor IV

TLP (Tooled Leather Panel) Credenza on Craigslist

Post by phonophan79 »

In case anyone is interested... listed as located in Rochester, NY

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/clt/1065144945.html

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: TLP (Tooled Leather Panel) Credenza on Craigslist

Post by MordEth »

Interesting machine. I’d love to see some better pictures of one of these.

— MordEth

[hr][/hr]

Victor Credenza TLP — $1,200 (Rochester, NY)

Reply to: sale-73cbb-1065144945@craigslist.org
Date: 2009-03-07, 9:04PM EST

Offering a limited production Credenza phonograph. This is a Tooled Leather Panel model. It is fully operational. For further details, email or phone 315-828-6712.

• It’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.
Craigslist PostingID: 1065144945
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

wjw
Victor II

Post by wjw »

Unless there's something mortally wrong with this, it won't be for sale for long. This is half the price commanded by one of these two years ago.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

sean...?

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

Tempting, yes, but I currently have two Credenzas right now! I may inquire...OK I will just for the helluva it...

Sean

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

I sent an e-mail asking for more/better pictures—haven’t seen any yet, but maybe tomorrow; the seller offered to let me come see it.

As soon as I get pictures, I’ll post them.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

I looked at it this afternoon...

George P.

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

phonogfp wrote:I looked at it this afternoon...
What do you think—worth $1,200 to someone who would want to add one of these machines to their collection?

— MordEth

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

I'm sure it's worth it to someone, but I was a little scared off. The lid wasn't on it, the electric motor has been switched out for another and he couldn't get it to work, the tone arm support is broken and has a rubber washer holding the arm in place, and the the grille was out of it - placed behind a chest where I couldn't see it. Now, if someone really wants a TLP Credenza, none of this is insurmountable. I guess I don't want it that badly... :?

George P.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

MordEth wrote:I sent an e-mail asking for more/better pictures—haven’t seen any yet, but maybe tomorrow; the seller offered to let me come see it.

As soon as I get pictures, I’ll post them.

— MordEth

What is it with Craigslist and picture quality. I rarely even check it unless referred by one of you guys, but I've never seen a picture there that even comes marginally close to good enough that one could make a buying decision on it.

Alot of eBAY sellers have the same problem but at least they seem to have the capability to post multiple excellent pictures if they desire to do so. :monkey: