Featured Phonograph No. 107 - Brunswick Model 175

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
FrankH
Victor Jr

Re: Featured Phonograph No. 107 - Brunswick Model 175

Post by FrankH »

Beautiful, thanks for posting this! I have a 125 of similar vintage; it's got a much plainer cabinet, nickel-plated hardware and green rather than red felt but has the same double-reproducer setup. Forgive my ignorance, but what is in the rear needle cup?

Edisone
Victor IV

Post by Edisone »

I have the same/similar machine, but not Canadian: mine has the flat grille as seen in ads, and the Ultona tome-arm assembly. The square-edged horn seems to have been abandoned early in Brunswick's history. It was my first full-sized phonograph, bought from a totally disinterested coin & stamp store for $50 - which was a lot for a 7th Grade kid.

Mr Grumpy
Victor III

Post by Mr Grumpy »

FrankH wrote:Beautiful, thanks for posting this! I have a 125 of similar vintage; it's got a much plainer cabinet, nickel-plated hardware and green rather than red felt but has the same double-reproducer setup. Forgive my ignorance, but what is in the rear needle cup?
That's the cabinet key in the needle cup.
Vince
Youtube

Phonolair
Victor III

Post by Phonolair »

Congrats this is a beautiful machine, I like it. Over the years I've mostly collected outside horn machines but lately I find myself admiring these great uprights like yours, gorgeous. I have to agree with the others about the grill being upside down. The Brunswick 225 has almost the same carved grill and it shows it the other way.
Best Regards, Larry

Edisone
Victor IV

Post by Edisone »

Mr Grumpy wrote:
FrankH wrote:Beautiful, thanks for posting this! I have a 125 of similar vintage; it's got a much plainer cabinet, nickel-plated hardware and green rather than red felt but has the same double-reproducer setup. Forgive my ignorance, but what is in the rear needle cup?
That's the cabinet key in the needle cup.
The key for mine is a pretty, natural greenery design - much like a Christmas wreath.