"Tonalic" Sonora on Ebay: Credenza clone?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
coyote
Victor II

Re: "Tonalic" Sonora on Ebay: Credenza clone?

Post by coyote »

Interesting to see that the Sonora is relisted--wonder what happened the first time. Probably a bogus bidder, as they only had one feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0159658004

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

coyote wrote:Interesting to see that the Sonora is relisted--wonder what happened the first time. Probably a bogus bidder, as they only had one feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0159658004
Yeah, but why wouldn't they second chance offer to the next bidder? He had an acceptable feedback score of 239 and was only a bid of $5.00 less. Now it's back to $199 starting price.

7***v( 1 ) - US $464.99 - May-11-09 10:29:07 PDT
9***l(239) - US $459.99 - May-11-09 10:29:06 PDT

coyote
Victor II

Post by coyote »

I wondered that as well. Perhaps the seller is expecting more money this time around? Who knows. I was tempted to ask, but who knows if we'd get the real story. A seller will usually offer the "second chance" to the next bidder, or the top bidder sometimes if there is a reserve that has not been met (a roundabout "best offer" deal).

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

coyote wrote:I wondered that as well. Perhaps the seller is expecting more money this time around? Who knows. I was tempted to ask, but who knows if we'd get the real story. A seller will usually offer the "second chance" to the next bidder, or the top bidder sometimes if there is a reserve that has not been met (a roundabout "best offer" deal).
any time I've ever sent someone a second chance offer, they've either never replied or else rejected it. it's weird. I guess maybe with all the idiots out there sending fraudulent second chance offers (doesn't seem as common now, but used to), people just shy away from the option.

Silvertone
Victor II

Post by Silvertone »

On the subject of Credenza Clones, here is the Pathé version. ebay item # 220425426043