Welcome to the Talking Machine Forum

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Welcome to the Talking Machine Forum

Post by MordEth »

coyote wrote:1. Didn't we have a sub-forum under "Tips, Tricks..." related to issues with the board software? There's a "Board Tech" forum there now, but it's only visible when logged in, and you can't post to it...unless I'm just interpreting the empty forum incorrectly.
Bill,

Yes, we did, and that still needs quite a bit of work. I’ll get on that as soon as possible, although I will most likely be ducking out of the hotel in a few minutes to grab breakfast, and then I will be off for a while. I will need to re-post all of the content again as soon as I have a chance. The way this week is currently going, that will most likely be done over the weekend.
coyote wrote:2. I was going to post this THERE, but...the most annoying thing I've encountered here versus ProBoards is that any links are NOT automatically opened in a new browser window. I don't think this is a browser issue. Can anything be done about that?
ProBoards applied JavaScript to their links to force them to open in a new tab/window (depending on how you have your browser set). I will be taking a look at doing that here; it has been a long time since I have worked with phpBB, and so I am rusty at configuring it.

I just got our site icon up, but you may need to clear your browser cache to get it to display.

Expect a lot of improvements.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Brad
Victor III
Personal Text: So many phonographs, so little money

Post by Brad »

Hey Guys,

It took me a while but I found my way back. Let the fun continue!
Why do we need signatures when we are on a first avatar basis?

Edisonfan
Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Post by Edisonfan »

Well, I see it is picking up rather quickly one here. Which is a good sign. Nice to see phonograph related topics again, and the links page is growing. A small thanks to me, for getting it started. Of course the frist three are Edison related. ;)

Paul

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

Edisonfan wrote:Well, I see it is picking up rather quickly one here. Which is a good sign. Nice to see phonograph related topics again, and the links page is growing. A small thanks to me, for getting it started. Of course the frist three are Edison related. ;)

Paul
Paul,
No, a HUGE thanks to you, not a small one. :D

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

Edisonfan
Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Post by Edisonfan »

Your Welcome John! :mrgreen:

I'm just glad I was able to help. Plus it's nice to have a froum that stays on topic, as much as possible. Also, everyone on here is mature and respectful.

Paul