Big horns Machine

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
JohnM
Victor V

Re: Big horns Machine

Post by JohnM »

Sven wrote:Good Afternoon to you all,
Folllowing a wonderful afternoon tea and Scones with My Dear Friend Mr Sven he has asked me to Thank you for your patience with his English -He is after all Russian and still learning !

I shall be visiting Relatives in your Country (South of the Mason - Dixon Line) later in the year (when I obtain their address) and will be delighted to meet any American Collectors then who can enlighten me about Victor Machines and their Virtues.

The Colonel (Friend of Mr Sven - not in that way Parson - I'm strict Temperence and a Calvinist)
See I knew the Dialectizer would work!
John M
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

Steve
Victor VI
Location: London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, New York, Evesham

Post by Steve »

Indeed, it'll take a lot more than just "tea and scones" to make much sense here!

I would suggest not asking any questions! ;)

bbphonoguy
Victor III

Post by bbphonoguy »

First someone tries to convince us he's Swedish, then it turns out he's a Russian named Sven?

I'm curious to see where this is going.

Steve
Victor VI

Post by Steve »

It can only go one way from here: DOWNWARDS and rather rapidly!

If I tried to convince you I was Russian, Swedish, German, Albanian, Turkish, Slovakian, French or Dutch would you believe me? Ah, well there you go.

All that is needed apart from the mandatory "tea and scones" is a healthy pinch of salt.

bbphonoguy
Victor III

Post by bbphonoguy »

Steve wrote:It can only go one way from here: DOWNWARDS and rather rapidly!

If I tried to convince you I was Russian, Swedish, German, Albanian, Turkish, Slovakian, French or Dutch would you believe me? Ah, well there you go.

All that is needed apart from the mandatory "tea and scones" is a healthy
pinch of salt.

Well, whether or not I believed you would depend on how good you are. This guy is pretty bad so I don't believe him. What I want to know is; is it a board member playing a joke on us? Or is it someone who really thinks this will work as some sort of scam?

Lenoirstreetguy
Victor IV

Post by Lenoirstreetguy »

I think everyone can rest assured that it's just silliness. Take it cum grano salis as Steve says...or with the cook from the Muppets show.

Jim

coyote
Victor II

Post by coyote »

"The Colonel" sounds very familiar...from the board across the pond which USED to be public, and now requires registration to read ANY posts. It was The Colonel in the fish house with the tapered tone arm!

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

What a waste of good posts count.

John M
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

Steve
Victor VI

Post by Steve »

Nonsense.
Last edited by Steve on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

Sven wrote:The Colonel Replies:
(on behalf of Mr Sven ) I have had to - day a communication from a Colonel Saunders of Kentuckee who claims that he laughed so much at the above that he fell off his "Stoop" and broke his Banjo ! - Luckily his pockets were full of "Tin" and this broke his fall (and the Banjo)

It is most fortunate that he had at his "old Home" some "Folks" who were "Boston Brahmins" (with Celluliod Collars and Horn -rimmmed Glasses ) who helped him up again - He stresses that he will be attending the "Camptown races" in a Bathchair but otherwise is "Just Dandy" .

The Colonel (glad to see that this is the most read thread on this Board)33rd DG Pondicherry Lodge, West Norwood
This is all very well in it's proper place (meaning the Gramophone board) but the thought of it spreading here makes my flesh crawl. Let's put the Colonel on a pension, there's doubtless a block of flats crying out for a Commissionalre to run the lift.