Cute ad on Ebay

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Cute ad on Ebay

Post by MordEth »

JohnM wrote:Please fix the spamming problem as best you can, David . . . remember, the 'old' board was destroyed by godless spammers and hackers! :roll: ;) :lol:
I think that we do not have to worry about being ‘hacked’ by admins that ban themselves...and sheer outbursts of crazy are to be prevented. ;)

Currently, though, we’re moderating all guest posts, so that should stop the vast majority of the crap—the only concern is the spammer who actually verifies their e-mail address to post without moderation.

To prevent that, I just replaced the ‘CAPTCHA’ images with text questions (to which I’ll be adding more—they’re randomized). The current ones are:

Which of the companies below did not make machines discussed on this forum?
(Pick one: Brunswick, Edison, Pizza Hut, Victor)

Which of the brands below is unlikely to be discussed in this forum?
(Pick one: Columbia, Edison, HMV, Maas Biolabs)

Which of the names below was not a record label?
(Pick one: Brunswick, Columbia, Edison, Microsoft)

Which of the parts below will you not find in a talking machine?
(Pick one: crank, LCD, motor, spring)

Please do not post answers to these questions on the board. :D

Although if you have any other good questions, feel free to e-mail or PM them to me.

I should have The Cat in the Hat Horn image done soon...

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Cute ad on Ebay

Post by MordEth »

MordEth wrote:I should have The Cat in the Hat Horn image done soon...
OK, as promised, here we go...original size:

And at avatar size:

Want to see it in the stock avatar gallery?

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.