Nooooooooooooo !

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
1926CredenzaOwner
Victor II

Re: Nooooooooooooo !

Post by 1926CredenzaOwner »

!
Last edited by 1926CredenzaOwner on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

1926CredenzaOwner wrote:(First off, I love threads that start with "Noooooooooo!")

That Credenza's motorboard is like no other I have ever seen. That thing has been beat to heck and back, I'll bet! No Victor ID plate, wrong (not to mention, in the wrong place) needle holders....

It isn't a Credenza- it's just a look-alike.

Schmaltz
Victor I
Personal Text: "Shut Your Eyes and See" (J. Joyce)

Post by Schmaltz »

1926CredenzaOwner wrote:
Viva-Tonal wrote:What might be interesting, would be to hear a DD played on an Orthophonic, using one of those adapters that offsets the stylus so the vertical modulations are properly reproduced.
UNGH! I want to hear that too! I tried to buy one on eBay, but it went for something like $250+! (I want to say $400+, but it has been a long time since it sold.)
Carsten made one up from scratch once, using a modified Ultona reproducer fitted up to an orthophonic (I think it was an automatic one, a 10-50 maybe). He described the whole process of modifying, installing, etc. on Dan Gitmo's old board. That post is vapor, unless someone kept a copy for archive purposes, but I remember it.
Visit the virtual jukebox at The Old Schmaltz Archives.

Discman
Victor II

Post by Discman »

Speaking of Carsten, what happended to him? Is he posting somewhere under another name?
Dave

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

Schmaltz wrote:
1926CredenzaOwner wrote:
Viva-Tonal wrote:What might be interesting, would be to hear a DD played on an Orthophonic, using one of those adapters that offsets the stylus so the vertical modulations are properly reproduced.
UNGH! I want to hear that too! I tried to buy one on eBay, but it went for something like $250+! (I want to say $400+, but it has been a long time since it sold.)
Carsten made one up from scratch once, using a modified Ultona reproducer fitted up to an orthophonic (I think it was an automatic one, a 10-50 maybe). He described the whole process of modifying, installing, etc. on Dan Gitmo's old board. That post is vapor, unless someone kept a copy for archive purposes, but I remember it.
I have a Bush & Lane 'Duo-Vox' with a totally trashed cabinet. The 'Duo-Vox' tone arm has two reproducers mounted on two crooks at the end of the arm, hydra-like, like a Victor Borgia II -- one for lateral and the other DD vertical. I suppose I should salvage it and remount it on something -- along with precision leg levelers in order to use it!

John M
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

I bid on one of those once with the same notion- attach it to one of those off brand machines with a nice cabinet but a busted pot metal arm. I've heard that the Bush and Lane vertical reproducers are excellent.

coyote
Victor II

Post by coyote »

Here we go again...looks like it happens all the time.

eBay Item #120424153972

EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

And the lucky bidder also gets "17 original Edison 78s in excellent condition." I wonder if the seller determined the condition of the 17 records by playing them.

Yeeks! I hope that these aren't hot dance band DDs.

:squirrel: :evil: :squirrel:

Rocky

1926CredenzaOwner
Victor II

Post by 1926CredenzaOwner »

!
Last edited by 1926CredenzaOwner on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

richardh

Post by richardh »

Discman wrote:Speaking of Carsten, what happended to him? Is he posting somewhere under another name?
Dave
Yes, I have also wondered over these past 5 months where he's gone. I haven't noticed any of his massive ebay auctions taking place either.

RJ 8-)