Edison and his co-workers listens to a phonograph

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Paal1994
Victor II

Edison and his co-workers listens to a phonograph

Post by Paal1994 »

I found this picture in my science book. We were having about electricity and there was a mini biography about Edison. I thought the picture was interesting and I wanted to share with you. So I took a picture of it with my camera. Sorry for the poor picture quality as I took it right from the book.
It looks like they are listening to a Home or a Triumph phonograph. It is a bit hard to see on the picture so I'm not sure. It looks like a brown wax cylinder on the mandrel so I would date the picture from the late 1890s or early 1900s. There are also a lot of horns haning around on the walls.
Attachments
Konfirmasjon 051.JPG

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: Edison and his co-workers listens to a phonograph

Post by Valecnik »

Thanks for posting Paal. I've never seen that picture before. Looks to me like an A model Triumph. Would be nice to get a good copy for framing wouldn't it!

Paal1994
Victor II

Post by Paal1994 »

Valecnik wrote:Thanks for posting Paal. I've never seen that picture before. Looks to me like an A model Triumph. Would be nice to get a good copy for framing wouldn't it!
I love this photo, and it would be really nice to get a copy for framing. The only problem is that my science book doesn't mentioned where they got it...

Paal.

Starkton
Victor IV

Post by Starkton »

This is the photo from which your newspaper cutting was taken. It is postmarked November 1906.

Paal1994
Victor II

Post by Paal1994 »

Starkton wrote:Image

This is the photo from which your newspaper cutting was taken. It is postmarked November 1906.

Thank you for posting the date of this photo! Since I discovered it in my science book, it has become on of my favorite phonograph photos.

Paal.

Post by Guest »

You can always try the US National Archives for a reprint of this photo.