Messiah Lutheran Church Phono Fundraiser in Elgin

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MarkELynch
Victor II

Messiah Lutheran Church Phono Fundraiser in Elgin

Post by MarkELynch »

Anyone ever been to this Phono Swap in Elgin the day before the Union show?

http://home.comcast.net/~messiahluthera ... undraiser/

3victrolas
Victor O

Re: Messiah Lutheran Church Phono Fundraiser in Elgin

Post by 3victrolas »

For those that are thinking about attending, here are just a few of the items that turned up at the picnic last year. It was a nice day & there were plenty of things to look at & wish for. I shared these images last year on the old board, but here they are again to refresh your memory.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

Wow! What's the upright next to the Pathé?
If anyone wanted to know what tiger stripe oak was, that's the perfect example. The grain is beautiful.
I still think that Edisonic was a fantastic find Sharon. I bet you're glad you grabbed that one :)

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

gramophoneshane wrote:Wow! What's the upright next to the Pathé?
If anyone wanted to know what tiger stripe oak was, that's the prefect example. The grain is beautiful.
I'm pretty certain that is a Kimball.

What I want to know is who is that Blue Amberol collector next to the phonolamp? LOL! Gary is a remarkable guy . . . tell him the number of a BA and he'll tell you the title, tell him the title and he'll tell you the number. Amazing!

John M
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Mark,

Welcome to The Talking Machine Forum!

I’d gotten to see 3victrola’s photos previously, but were not aware that they were from this event (or if I was, I’d forgotten). Are you involved with the event, or were you asking about it to attend this year?

Regrettably, I won’t be going, but it looks like it’s worth checking out based on the photos.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

richardh

Post by richardh »

Mark,

hi, great to see you here. :D Sharon - thanks for re-posting those photos. I'd forgotten just how much a drooled over that tooled leather fronted Credenza the first time around. ALso as shane said that tiger oak machine - beautiful. If this is the quality of the shows in the US, well I just wish I was able to make it to one.

RJ 8-)