HAPPY BIRTHDAY LENOIRSTREETGUY!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
richardh

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LENOIRSTREETGUY!

Post by richardh »

Just spotted that it's Jims Birthday today. Hope you have a good one and many happy returns for the day. :D

RJ 8-)

Lenoirstreetguy
Victor IV

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LENOIRSTREETGUY!

Post by Lenoirstreetguy »

Well thank you , Mr R! I was trying pretend I don't have birthdays because I'm well past my " best before" date and I don't want you guys to toss me out like a container of yogurt. :oops:

Jim

Paal1994
Victor II

Post by Paal1994 »

Happy birthday Jim! I hope you have a fantastic day! :D

Paal.

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

All the best, Jim! Happy Birthday!
Kind regards,
John
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

richardh

Post by richardh »

You can't run from it and you can't hide either - just lay back and enjoy it :D

RJ 8-)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

:clover: :clover: :clover: Happy, happy Birthday, Jim and my best wishes!! :clover: :clover: :clover:

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Jim,

It’s a few minutes late for my timezone, but, “Happy Birthday!”—you’ll find your card in your inbox in a few moments. :D

I wanted to play with an image for it, and I didn’t get home to have a go at that until late.

This might look familiar to some of you...

(Click on the image above or this link for a full-size version.)

...again:

Happy Birthday, Jim!

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Lenoirstreetguy
Victor IV

Post by Lenoirstreetguy »

You guys are clever in the extreme! This is the perfect birthday present! There he is! Herbert and Papa..." ..in happier times..." as they used to say. The two had a falling out in the twenties over the Berliner Gramophone company becoming the Victor Talking Machine Company of Canada and I understand they rarely spoke after that. I think they both were pretty feisty but at the same time very charming. I'll drink to that....AND to you charming folks here in the Forum.

Jim

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Jim,

Since you’d asked me via PM where I found the image, I thought I’d post it publicly in this thread in case anyone was interested in having a copy (or reading the article from which it was linked).

First of all, here’s the original image:

Note that this is the full-size version; I cropped and enlarged it to get the aspect ratio for the card, adjusted the contrast, applied a ‘sepia’ tone, and used a few filters to hide the fact that I enlarged the image. ;)

It is linked from an article about the Berliner Gram-o-phone Company of Canada, and was also the source of the newer version of your avatar—when I went to cut that, I’d asked John if he recognized the subject of that photo so I could locate a larger version of it—at the time I was still woefully educated as to what quite a number of the personages from the subject matter covered by this board look like (and still am, for that matter).

Fortunately, you guys have been very informative and have helped correct that somewhat. ;)

I appreciate it greatly.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.