I hate to ask this question but it's interesting

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

I hate to ask this question but it's interesting

Post by briankeith »

I recently found an old worn, folded, and rather risque photograph at a local antique show here in northern New Jersey that has a nude and rather victorian looking young woman leaning against an upright Edion Diamond Disc phonograph circa 1920-ish. The back still has the remains of a store name in Elizabeth New Jersey - something Ralphs and T... Records.... and Pho.... Radio appa..... I wonder if Edison knew this jobber was using such risque photos in their Edison advertisements? I won't post this photo as not to offend our female collectors, plus my wife told me not to frame it above my Diamond Disc machine either as I have the same machine that is in the old photograph. (I forgot to add that the DD in the risque photo is a model C19 Chippendale)

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: I hate to ask this question but it's interesting

Post by JerryVan »

A chippee with a Chippendale! Neat.

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Post by briankeith »

Actually the photograph is very well done and quite classy looking. Just a bit risque which I understand was quite common in the "roaring twenties" ??

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

You could post it to an outside server (like Media blah, blah, blah) and just provide a link! :P

mrphonograph
Victor I

Post by mrphonograph »

what is risque about a nude with phonograph there are thousends of nude historical photographs out on the web aslong as nothing sexual is happening its called art and a classy foto from the 20s with a nude woman next to a phonograph is deffinitly art in my book jeezz i got stereo tintypes that i realy can't post on this forum because those are realy risque you can realy look right into those womens :oops: :oops: :oops: i even have a tintype closup of a womans :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel: :o :shock: compared to those your foto must be tame!

greetings
tino

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

briankeith wrote:Actually the photograph is very well done and quite classy looking. Just a bit risque which I understand was quite common in the "roaring twenties" ??
Quite common in the "roaring 1860's"

mrphonograph
Victor I

Post by mrphonograph »

those are quite late tintypes so they are from the naughty nineties

and the 1860s wheren't roaring you got that one wrong it was the waring 1860s with the civil war and all