Masterphone Talking Machine

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
JohnM
Victor V

Re: Masterphone Talking Machine

Post by JohnM »

Ian,
That is an Otto Heinemann Phonograph Supply Company high-quality generic motor. Heinemann first contracted (1915) with Garford in Elyria, Ohio (makers of the Vanophone, etc.) and in 1917 purchased the Meisselbach Co. of Newark, NJ. which also made motors. Heinemann produced the 'OkeH' line of records as well.

John M
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

IanCrouch
Victor Jr

Post by IanCrouch »

Greetings

For those interested I have made a scan of the original instruction manual that came with the Masterphone Talking Machine so that one can compare their claims of quality with references made in the lawsuit accusing them of fraud etc. Possibly interesting from a historical point of view!

Regards
Ian
Attachments
MP manual Pg1_resize.jpg
MP manual Pg1_resize.jpg (63.68 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
MP manual Pg2_resize.jpg
MP manual Pg2_resize.jpg (86.36 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
MP manual Pg3_resize.jpg
MP manual Pg3_resize.jpg (87.9 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
MP manual Pg4_resize.jpg
MP manual Pg4_resize.jpg (95.5 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
MP manual Pg5_resize.jpg
MP manual Pg5_resize.jpg (89.56 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
MP manual Pg6_resize.jpg
MP manual Pg6_resize.jpg (83.32 KiB) Viewed 1065 times

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Ian,

Thanks for sharing these additional images (and John, for sharing further information)—I’ll have to parse these through OCR later today so that we will have the text of these manual pages (which would then be able to be searched via the forum search function).

If you’d be interested in scanning higher resolution copies (particularly for the diagrams—300 DPI is optimal for this), I’d be interested in making a PDF reproduction of it (as a free-to-all download from this forum), although even without larger images, I’d probably make a PDF as well when I OCR it.

See this thread (Edison Disc Motor manual) for an example of past work. :D

(Let me know if you have any questions about this.)

I still owe the TMF other manuals, as well—other members have been gracious enough to provide scans, and I’ve been far too busy and lazy of late (and will hopefully be getting back to work on producing more content for this forum during my day off tomorrow, if I am not undertaking a consulting project)...

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

I noticed one thing in the instruction sheet: It says that the Edison stylus uses a SAPPHIRE point. A while back I got into an argument on this board with an individual who insisted that my Cheney stylus for Edison discs had to be a Diamond because Sapphire could not possibly stand up to the condensite surface. Well, if this maker says both the Edison and Pathé styluses were Sapphire then that's what they were.