Widdicomb

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
TheWiddicomb
Victor Jr

Widdicomb

Post by TheWiddicomb »

I just bought a beutiful Widdicomb today and I was just wondering more about it. I know the company is from Grand Rapids michigan but not much else. I'm pretty sure its missing some sort of door on the right side. It works great. I was wondering if anyone could place a date or a value on it. I paid $50 for it if anyone was wondering. It is a model IV- 3660. Thanks
Attachments
170.JPG
Last edited by TheWiddicomb on Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Widdicomb

Post by MordEth »

Welcome to The Talking Machine Forum!

I am not personally familiar with this company (although I’m sure that someone will chime in with information), but I did find that—assuming that I’m finding the right company—they still make furniture and have a website.

The company history was an interesting read.

Could you post photos of the machine? (Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions about doing this.)

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

it would be best to post a few photos if you have any, or when you take some... the images usually get people talking, especially about the lesser known machines produced by the lesser known off-brand producers like this one.

brian

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

A nice mid 1920's period cabinet style console. Even with a missing door you got a good deal for your $50.00 though it isn't of huge value. Machines like this complete and working seldom go for more than a couple hundred dollars, consoles in general aren't popular with collectors- when they were new the fact they did not look like phonographs was the big selling point. These days a lot of people prefer uprights that take up less floor space.