Interesting Edison advertising poster

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonophan79
Victor IV

Interesting Edison advertising poster

Post by phonophan79 »

Good luck to the seller with their $400 asking price, but the poster looks interesting...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cl ... 36248.html

FROM THE AD:
"I am selling this Very Rare Thomas Edison Phonograph Framed Advertisment. I purchased this about 4 years ago at an Estate Sale. It has Uncle Sam on the front, and on the bottom right it reads "Uncle Sam Takes His Hat Off". The only thing is that there is a water mark on the right hand side which you can see in the picture. If you are interested please email me or give me a call at 818-261-2776. All serious offers will be considered. Thank you and have a great day."

JohnM
Victor V

Re: Interesting Edison advertising poster

Post by JohnM »

These were reproduced in the early 1980's as I recall. Seems to me there was a small 'set' of different Edison posters. Its probably a reproduction.

John M
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Interesting Edison advertising poster

Post by phonogfp »

These posters have been available for years from the Edison Site for a couple of bucks. I hope the CraigsList seller didn't pay much for it!

George P.

Andersun
Victor III

Seller is a fraud!!!!!!

Post by Andersun »

Folks,

The seller is a fraud! He had it on Ebay about 8 months ago and I used "Buy it Now" option. He kept the money but didn't send the goods. Paypal got my money back.
Steve Andersen