Beer can cylinder boxes

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Beer can cylinder boxes

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

What's with the beer can cylinder boxes? According to the seller, they too have cotton batting on the inside!

:?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-10-Vintage-E ... 0442695906

:squirrel:

Rocky

Aaron
Victor II

Re: Beer can cylinder boxes

Post by Aaron »

i saw these and figured they are home made. I see a lot of concert and grand cylinders stuck inside cotton lines oat-meal containers :lol:

B.B.B
Victor I

Post by B.B.B »

Are you allowed to keep these in your car? They are open for crissake :mrgreen:
Searching for The Sound

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

EdisonSquirrel wrote:What's with the beer can cylinder boxes? According to the seller, they too have cotton batting on the inside!
Rocky,

I have no idea, but I’d been meaning to grab these images for posterity (as I think eBay will be disappearing this listing into the ether soon), and future viewers might be interested in seeing these.
B.B.B wrote:Are you allowed to keep these in your car? They are open for crissake :mrgreen:
I’d imagine that this could result in a very fun discussion with law enforcement...
jeffreyfogg (eBay seller) wrote:I often have similar items up for auction at the same time, so please check out my other auctions!
Are beer can cylinder boxes really this common, or is this guy making them in bulk? :lol:

— MordEth

[hr][/hr]
eBay Item #250442695906

Lot of 10 Vintage Edison cylinder records No Reserve

Winning Bid: US $20.51 (4 bids)
Ended: Jun-21-09 12:00:00 PDT
Seller: jeffreyfogg

Description

PLEASE READ ENTIRE AD.

I try hard to describe all items as best as I can. If I notice a problem, I'll let you know, but I am not an expert on everything. I will tell you if something is missing if I know about it, but if I don't say anything and you don't see it in the pictures, then ask. If you know an item comes with extra stuff and you know it might hidden within the item, then tell me where to look.

I have a weird work schedule, some weeks I don't work at all and others I am busy all week. Everything that is paid for on Sunday, Monday or early Tuesday will be shipped around noon on Tuesday. Depending on my schedule for that week I may be able to get a few more packages out on Friday or Saturday. If I'm too busy, then things that are paid for afternoon on Tuesday may not go out until the following Tuesday, so if you are in a hurry for your item pay early. Also my schedule determines how often I go through my emails, Please allow a few days for me to answer.

First of all, some of these records were stored in beer cans, I do not know if this was a common thing, or something unusual--- the cans are fitted with the same kind of soft liner that is normally in the cardboard cans--- here is an inventory of what is included: a Budweiser can w/ tin cover, no record inside---a Pabst can w/ tin cover- # 2176 Laughing Song Polk Millers old south quar. in pretty good condition--- Edison gold container with #1066 Duet dancing sunshine Stanley & Burr. 1902 in quite good condition--- country club beer can, no top with 4M. #3213 Quartette home sweet home, 1902 in pretty good shape--- Storz beer can, no top with Special D the Ninety and nine Edison mixed quar. pretty well worn--- Edison gold can with #1426 Song Meet Me to-night in dreamland Van brunt 1902 in quite good shape--- Storz beer can with paper top with 4 M #3260 There's a girl in Havana Clark & Van Brunt 1902 in pretty good shape--- Metz beer can w/ paper lid- #9753 Xylophone The Girls of America march- very worn--- Edison gold can- #9169 Good Night Waltz - very worn--- Edison gold can- 4 M #353 When the bloom is on the Cotton Dixie Lee Romain - quite worn a gold can with a broken cylinder--- Lakeside can with #1510 My Best girl and me Favor & Chorus in very good shape.

Please Read Entire Ad!!!!!!

Use the postage calculator below in Shipping & Handling to get postage to your destination.

Because of problems I’ve had with First Class International postage, I’m only using Priority Mail International for foreign shipments now. The cost of Priority Mail International includes insurance for most items. I will not send out anything by First class International anymore, PLEASE do not ask. If you can’t afford the Priority postage then don’t bid. I don’t want to be mean, but I spend WAY too much time trying to explain to people why I don’t want to use First Class anymore.

Payment options include Paypal.

If you have not heard from us within a couple of days after auction end, please contact us, because occasionally some e-mails do not reach their destination without producing an error message.

I WILL leave feedback for everyone, I don't have time to leave feedback each week, but I'll leave it when I've got some extra time.

We pack all items with great care, and we cheerfully combine shipping so you save on postage if you buy multiple items.

Postal insurance is optional. $1.75 covers up to $50 value. Postal insurance covers PURCHASE PRICE ONLY for loss or damage in transit. Shipping without it is at the buyer's risk.

I often have similar items up for auction at the same time, so please check out my other auctions!
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.