Phonograph-related vector images (logos, machines, etc.)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Phonograph-related vector images (logos, machines, etc.)

Post by MordEth »

Since I have been playing with a couple of things, I thought I might make a topic so that you can see them. A while ago, John had asked me about trying to improve upon his avatar image, and so (after he drew out half of a winged Victrola on paper), I set about making a vector line drawing of it.

For those who are not sure what a vector image is, what this means is that unlike the JPEG photo of a machine that you might have, it can be enlarged to very large sizes without any loss in quality because it is merely a shape drawn from set points and not pixel information (dots of color). So it is well suited for logos, etc.

So, here is the machine:

And here is the winged version:

The nice thing about these is that they can then be colored (or textured), and just about anything can be done with them (e.g. icons, avatars, wallpaper, etc.).

For John’s avatar, I still need to come up with a triangular decoration for under the machine.

However, to show you a vector graphic that I posted in the record label transparencies thread, which was made from the logo off of a Zon-o-phone record, let me present:

(Click on the image or this link for a 3057 x 2137 PNG [5.2 MB].)

Much like John’s winged Victrola, this was just made up of filled shapes until I took it into Photoshop and applied the texture (to try to give it a more ‘authentic’ golden appearance). Unfortunately, gold is a lot easier with metallic paint. ;)

Eventually I would like to do more logos (I have a Pathé logo image that has been open in Photoshop for a while), and there are a ton of other graphics that I want to make. At the moment I am mostly trying to wrap up a few more avatar cutouts—George P. in particular has given me a few absolutely stunning photos, 2 of which I am almost done cutting out (in very, very large sizes). I like being able to give you a giant-sized version to view if you click on the image. :D

If you have a favorite logo that you would like to see here (and also in the stock avatar gallery, since basically all of my images seem to either go there or become someone’s custom avatar), please let me know.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

MordEth
Victor IV

Re: Phonograph-related vector images (logos, machines, etc.)

Post by MordEth »

I’ve been employing my skills at drawing in Illustrator lately, and I decided that we needed Nipper listening to his master’s voice, so...here you go:

That image is available as an avatar in the stock avatar gallery under ‘logos’, both with and without text, and as a topic icon (without text). :D

Enjoy.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

MordEth
Victor IV

Re: Phonograph-related vector images (logos, machines, etc.)

Post by MordEth »

Here’s the Pathé vector graphic that I promised...

...and I also made a topic icon (see this post), as well as two avatars of it—one in black and another in gold.

Enjoy.

— MordEth