Columbia Graphophone Model "A" Trouble

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Neophone
Victor III

Re: Columbia Graphophone Model "A" Trouble

Post by Neophone »

Aaron,

Well said. End of that particular discussion folks.

Regards,
J.

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

vic160
Victor Jr

Post by vic160 »

Well said Aaron!! He is a great guy and I am glad that he is your mentor. You said nothing wrong, and you are entitled to your opinion on the originality of the crank. Even Charley could be mistaken as any one of us. You keep collecting!!!

Post by Guest »

I'm sure it was just a matter of "possibilities" on that crank, some can be originals and just be replated, or it may have been a reproduction. Did the pin come out of the main shaft that drives the crank?

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

I am very sorry if my previous question lead into the wrong direction. :?

Aaron, thank you for the photo. Yes, to my opinion this is indeed an original crank. There are good reasons why Charley has such an excellent reputation amongst the collecting community.

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

Guest wrote:I'm sure it was just a matter of "possibilities" on that crank, some can be originals and just be replated, or it may have been a reproduction. Did the pin come out of the main shaft that drives the crank?
Yes the pin did come out, and my crank is not one piece , so there for it is a repro if ALL cranks were one piece. THANKS CHUCK FOR THE PHOTO!!
WDC wrote:I am very sorry if my previous question lead into the wrong direction. :?

Aaron, thank you for the photo. Yes, to my opinion this is indeed an original crank. There are good reasons why Charley has such an excellent reputation amongst the collecting community.
Norman,

Dont feel like your to blame! You didnt lead the conversation in the wrong "direction". It seems that some people just cant read a compass. ;)

Aaron