Anyone have any information on this one?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Kirkwood
Victor II

Re: Anyone have any information on this one?

Post by Kirkwood »

Well, I can't comment on the price/value question, since I got mine as a gift. This is a rather larger upright than it appears in the photos. I had to *gently* coax the reproducer to swivel in its socket, so that it could play standard lateral cut discs. It had been set in the Pathé/vertical disc position its entire life. As you might note in that web link posted previously, this model has room to allow you play the Pathé 14 inch discs, either the French centre-start or US outer-rim start versions. My Pathé Actuelle (console model) won't let me do that. I have seen this grille offered on eBay in the past, maybe one of the parts dealers has one laying around. Mine has that same almost-black finish.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

I was just wondering what happened with this machine... did you end up getting it? if so, I'd love to see some photos once it's cleaned up.

Paal1994
Victor II

Post by Paal1994 »

brianu wrote:I was just wondering what happened with this machine... did you end up getting it? if so, I'd love to see some photos once it's cleaned up.
No, I decided I didn't want it, but it hasn't been sold yet. But I think it will take a long time before it's sold as there is not many phonograph collectors here in Norway.

Paal.