Someone near Cleveland may want to grab this:

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
OrthoFan
Victor V

Someone near Cleveland may want to grab this:

Post by OrthoFan »

EDISON PHONOGRAP 1905 - $250
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/atq/1257704722.html

I've seen the flashlight style horn sell for more than that.

Whittington
Victor Jr

Re: Someone near Cleveland may want to grab this:

Post by Whittington »

Yea, I have had my sights on this one for a few days now. I thought it was interesting too but didn't want to say anything because I feel like I am annoying people on here for finding these things. It's about an hour or so away from me. So you think its worth it?

edisonc250
Victor O
Personal Text: John McCormick Forever, Cal Stewart Never!!

Post by edisonc250 »

go for it!!!

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

Whittington wrote:Yea, I have had my sights on this one for a few days now. I thought it was interesting too but didn't want to say anything because I feel like I am annoying people on here for finding these things. It's about an hour or so away from me. So you think its worth it?
I'd say you can do better, certainly if you're able to find columbia deluxes, early monarchs and edison excelsiors for a few hundred dollars or less - plus, I can't imagine the profit on resale would really make it worthwhile. speaking of, why don't you post a few more photos of that excelsior?

tapout1003
Victor Jr

Post by tapout1003 »

It's sold. I wanted the horn and emailed to buy it. Too late on my part. I didn't see a section to introduce myself here can someone point me towards it? Each forum has their own rules for starting a thread for introductions.

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

tapout1003 wrote:It's sold. I wanted the horn and emailed to buy it. Too late on my part. I didn't see a section to introduce myself here can someone point me towards it? Each forum has their own rules for starting a thread for introductions.
Tapout,

You can simply introduce your self here on the "Phonograph" section. Just begin the title with O/T meaning "off Topic" The add whatever else you want in the title.

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!

Aaron

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

tapout1003 wrote:It's sold. I wanted the horn and emailed to buy it. Too late on my part. I didn't see a section to introduce myself here can someone point me towards it? Each forum has their own rules for starting a thread for introductions.
Tapout1003,

Yes Welcome aboard! Please feel free to introduce yourself in a new thread if you like. There is also an old thread of introductions way back towards the beginning which you can bump up if you prefer.

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!